BEST and WORST LADIES Outfits. | Page 5 | Golden Skate

BEST and WORST LADIES Outfits.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'd like to add Nancy Kerrigan to the best list. She had her own style and always looked elegant in her competitive days. I especially liked her 1992 Short and long programs and 1994 Long.

There are too many worst for me to single anyone out.

I remember Kerrigan's '94 LP dress really took my breath away. I had never seen anything like it and I thought it was really fashion forward. I remember feeling upset when I saw the pink nightmare they had dressed Oksana in. I could not believe that was the best they could come up with for the reigning World Champion. It broke her line, it was just YUCK. I remember reading somewhere what it was supposed to represent but I can't even remember what it is.

One of the Best for me is Sasha's Romeo & Juliet dress from the 2002 Sears Open:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PDaPEgo-Eg

One of the Worst for me (among several unfortunate choices for her) is Rachael Flatt's Big Bird dress:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD8xLQxytkA

Last edited:

silverpond

On the Ice
I admire Katarina Witt and always have, so perhaps I'm a bit biased in my assessment of her costume choices...anyway, here goes: :)

1984 Winter Olympics:
Short program - beautiful 'peasant' girl white dress, with pink waist sash and a sort of tiara on the head. Kat looked stunning.
Long program - beautiful rose dress, with embellishments on the front and sleeves. Again, Katarina looked gorgeous. The media described her as being " 24-car pileup gorgeous."

1986/1987 Worlds:Long program - stunning black fringed dress. Witt wore this costume both years, skating to a medley from "West Side Story".

1988 Olympics:
Short program -- OK...this dress drew a lot of reaction from the press and other coaches, as others have commented upon, and Katarina covered her thighs with feathers. Still, the costume was a winner and showed off her '10' figure.
Long program -- OK...this dress was NOT one of my favorites. I think it was an over the top Carmen outfit. Katarina will looked beautiful, of course, and the costume certainly did fit the "Carmen" theme.

1994 Olympics:
Short program -- "Robin Hood" theme. I really liked this costume choice. Sure, it was a bit different, yet it fit right into the theme of the program.
Long program -- Knee-length dress for the "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?" program. Witt had gained some weight, and at the age of 28, the types of costumes she wore in 1984 and 1988 would not have looked that great. She looked lovely in that modest costume, and IMHO, it suited the program very well.