BEST AND WORST MEN's OUTFITS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

BEST AND WORST MEN's OUTFITS

backhand45

Rinkside
Believe it or not, I had never heard of Adam Rippon before he won 4cc in 2010. I was designing a competitive co-ed dance for a high school here in California. It's always difficult for me to costume for students this age as I want the Men to look like Men and the Women to look feminine and feel confident in what they wear. Personally, I have never liked it when Mens' costumes have added skirt-like pieces like the half skirt looking top of Jeremy's SP costume this season. ( I hope that made sense ). If someone has a pic of that please post it as I couldn't find one.

The music was Brand New Day and Fields of Gold both by Sting so I was looking at Red, Yellow, Gold, Copper, and Green in varying hues for the colors. I was having a really hard time finding anything I liked and ended up asking the team members to help me look for a costume.

Now, any of you who have ever worked for a group of dancers knows the can of worms I opened. Everyone had an idea, the students, their moms, sisters and friends all came to me with something. It was nightmare. Then, one of the boys, a freshman, comes to me and says,

" I saw a skater this weekend and I think we'd look good in what he ways wearing. "

" Really, Who " ? I asked.

" Adam Rippon " ! He said

" Who ? " I answered, having no idea who this skater was.

" I thought you knew about skating !! " He said with a huge roll of the eyes." He was 2 time junior world champion and won the competition I watched. "

He found it for me on Youtube and when I saw that costume, I said. That's it !! It was his Concerto for Violin and Orchestra costume and I thought it was rich in its color, classical but not feminine, and the design can be worn by varied body types and still look good. We put the Women in the same colored dance dress adding the same leaf like colors to both costumes and it came out great. Stolen from Adam, but great.....lol I'd post a picture but I still haven't figured out how to do it correctly. Help !

Last edited: