Javier Fernandez no longer with Morosov | Golden Skate

Javier Fernandez no longer with Morosov

herios

Medalist
Thanks IP.

When I put this short note into Google translate, it doesn't pick up the word "temporarily", what it says is they have waited to make the announcement until is official.

But good choice Javier! If you get some choreography from we know who....then you might become a challenger for the Euro podium at least!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
It was posted on ISU's board by a Spanish speaker, who used the word temporarily in his explanation, so I took that from him.

sigrid

On the Ice
Yep, the blog says that they'll train together in July and if everything goes well, they'll stay together

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
An interview, in Spanish. The comments below were filched from Lara @ FSU (with google translate to help), so if sigrid (or any other Spanish speaker) finds them wrong after reading, please let me know/post otherwise

• He mentions that Morosov paying more attention to Amodio was one of the reasons he left.
  • He'll be including the quad in his short program
  • He's not sure who's choreographing his programs

icesk8luv4e

Spectator
yes ImaginaryPogue you are correct.
I am a fluent Spanish Speaker and the reason Javier states that he left Morozov is because since the Europeans where Amodio won, Morozov shifted his primary focus to Amodio and Javier began to notice that more and more as time went on so therefore he saw fit to leave.
Yes he will include the quad in the short program and isn't sure who's choreographing his programs although he is investigating David Wilson as one of his possibilities. He also states that since has hasn't worked with Orser yet, he doesn't know if this arrangement is permanent yet or not. I guess we are all going to have to stay tuned to see if he decides to make Orser a permanent coach or not. With all that's been going on with skaters leaving Orser, you have to wonder even more tho...

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Now that Amodio left Morozov...we have to wonder if Javier regrets his decision.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I thought that Amodio has not actually left Morozov , but will split his time between Morozov and his French coach , with the addition of a month in Colorado this summer . Have there been further developments ?

But regardless of what's going on with Amodio , I think it's bound to turn out well for Javier. You could see he was capable of so much more than what Morozov was giving him.

Last edited:

fanniewaters

Rinkside
Another positive about this move for Fernandez, is that it gives Christina Gao a top flight senior singles skater to train alongside. I was sad and worried for her when Adam left Toronto.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Another positive about this move for Fernandez, is that it gives Christina Gao a top flight senior singles skater to train alongside. I was sad and worried for her when Adam left Toronto.

I was thinking the same thing, and Javi is not even 3 years older than Christina so he's really a peer to her and I think this will help her adjust to Adam's departure and hopefully develop a similar kind of friendship with Javier.