Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Summer Competitions, 2011, General

Spending too much time at the arena CdnSkateWatcher's Avatar
    Minto results are being updated:

http://www.mintoskatingclub.com/summ...1-results.html

Amazing. I remember the first time they used CPC, and waiting 8 hours for a flight result; and the 6 week wait we used to have to get the results on the internet

Custom Title
    Here's the link to the results from the senior free dance at Minto.

It's rather shocking who is in third place. They're behind a team which was 7th at Canadians last season. I wonder what went wrong?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Scroll down and the protocols are attached. R&H got level 1 for both step sequences and no credit at all for the rotational lift.

They didn't compete the SD.

My guess is that they are not really that competition-ready just yet.

Custom Title
    Thanks very much. I didn't realize that the protocols were attached at the bottom of the pdfs.

That's great information regarding the protocols. Now I can go back and see what jumps the single skaters landed.

Custom Title
    At Minto R & H hesitated a couple of times and dropped the choreography, and also looked like they skipped an element. I think the program must have just been finished. Their skating looks as good as ever.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I just found out that Thornhill will be covered on skatebuzz.. which should mean no geoblocking for those far away...

Custom Title
    Almost complete results have been posted for the Wild Rose competition in Alberta. The link is here.

Unfortunately the one competition that was really of interest to me is not yet posted (senior pairs).

Based on the protocols for Natasha Purich and Raymond Schultz in singles, however, their jumps have clearly improved from last year. Natasha skated in the junior women's competition, and in the short program landed 3S-2T and 2A, with a fall on an apparently rotated 3Lz. In the long program she landed 2A-2T, 3T-2T, 3S, 3S (didn't add the combination), 2A, 3T, and fell on an apparently rotated 3Loop. It seems she's solidly got the jumps she needs for pairs.

Raymond competed in senior men. In the short program he landed 3T-2T and 2A, with a -3 GOE on a partly under-rotated 3Lz. The long program protocols don't load properly, but he had a long program score of 85 points. That's a step up from his long program scores from last season of 69 points at sectionals and 78 points at Challenge, so the jumps must be improving.

ETA: It looks like the senior women's results haven't been posted yet either. Among those listed in the flight were Dallas Daniel (8th at Canadians) and Kaetlyn Osmond (JGP competitor from last year and 6th in juniors at Canadians).
    Last edited by geoskate; 08-11-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by geoskate View Post
    Almost complete results have been posted for the Wild Rose competition in Alberta. The link is here..

Based on the protocols for Natasha Purich and Raymond Schultz in singles, however, their jumps have clearly improved from last year. Natasha skated in the junior women's competition, and in the short program landed 3S-2T and 2A, with a fall on an apparently rotated 3Lz. In the long program she landed 2A-2T, 3T-2T, 3S, 3S (didn't add the combination), 2A, 3T, and fell on an apparently rotated 3Loop. It seems she's solidly got the jumps she needs for pairs.
    Purich has definitely put herself in line for a JGP should Najarro and/or Charbonneau falter in their first assignments ( I think it is reasonably safe to assume they'll get the first 2 ladies spots ). She scored 43.84 in the short and 82.64 in the long for a total of 126.48 ( well above SC's summer standard of 115 ). I like that she is going for the big jumps (not often done among our junior ladies ). One thing that might prevent Purich from getting a JGP is that Canada has only 4 ladies JGP slots but she has shown already she definitely deserves one.

Hopefully Skate Canada picks the right lady for JW so that we can at least get more slots next year.

Custom Title
    Results for Prairie Skate in Virden, Manitoba last weekend are now posted at http://www.mbskates.ca/Competition.html,

Custom Title
    Live stream of the Quebec championships, pairs short now: http://www.skatinginbc.com/super-ser...Series/QC.html

I felt like Jessica was skating with Brice. Same kind of program and moves they had, even the lift at the end of the program....I was hoping to see something juts a lil different from them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by L'amour View Post
    I felt like Jessica was skating with Brice. Same kind of program and moves they had, even the lift at the end of the program....I was hoping to see something juts a lil different from them.
    I liked how they fell on SBS jumps in perfect unison

Taffy
    Quote Originally Posted by L'amour View Post
    I thought Annie Barabe said they would be intentional about Jessica-Sebastien looking different and going in another direction style-wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    I thought Annie Barabe said they would be intentional about Jessica-Sebastien looking different and going in another direction style-wise?
    well....maybe is time for a change

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I didn't think D/W looked much like D/D , certainly the aura of gloom and doom that surrounded D/D for the last couple of years was gone. They make a good looking couple on the ice and both programs had a nice mature look to them , but weren't particularly attention grabbing , which is OK with me... first they have to concentrate on getting used to each other and bringing him up a level. So I don't think we'll be able to really see 'til next season whether they'll be able to mount much of a challenge. ( We'll probably see improvement by Canadians, though )

I didn't see everything , because I was flipping back and forth between the Quebec and Thornhill competitions, but both D/R and MT/M have really , really standout SP's, and MT/M's FP is sophisticated , musically and choreographically, and I thought showed great potential. ( Don't know what L/S are doing this year , but if they get away from kitschy, sort of generic-ice-dance programs , they could be right up there, too )

ETA: Apart from the Canadian competitors , T/T's SP is exquisite. Just spell-binding. And I liked James & Cipres program as well. I hope they decide to stay with Gauthier , he's a real master at bringing teams where the partners are at different levels into unison and making the sum more than equal to the parts.
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 08-15-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast