Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Summer Competitions, 2011, General

Medalist
    Can someone post results to Quebec Skate? I can't figure it out on their homepage!!!!

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I hope this works..I had a hard time getting to results, too. Here goes :

http://www.patinage.qc.ca/doc/result..._ETE_2011.html

Yes! Results.
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 08-15-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Medalist
    Excellent - thanks Colleen!!!

Custom Title
    Thornhill results

Grant Hochstein won Men's. Nam was the impressive third, behind D10 but ahead of Junior WC Rogozine. What a senior debut at 13!

Yes , it was an excellent debut for Nam..but strangely unexciting for me. I have an aversion to the " Macleod brand " ...tacky costumes , etc., etc. I hope someone finds a way to help Nam rise above it much sooner than was done for Kevin Reynolds. I'm crossing my fingers that that will happen for him by the time he can compete internationally.

On another note..although he had a rough time of it, technically speaking , I found myself warming to Andrei Rogozine as I haven't been able to before. I missed most of the SP's ( I was checking out Quebec to see how Elladj would do ) But I really like Andrei's FP. I thought ,last year, that his timing was OK, but he didn't seem particularly musical ..but this program marks a breakthrough in that dept. for me . I'd be curious to know who did his choreography..it's very nice and I'm really looking forward to seeing it in competition when he has his feet under him a bit better.

( and besides, you really had to feel for the guy when he came off the ice and sort of flopped down onto the staircase , as his coaches leaned over to talk to him..,but all you could see of him was when one hand reached up and clutched the railing. ) I feel I've had a conversion..

Rinkside
    Carol Lane and Juris Razgulajevs choreographed Andrei's FP.

Custom Title
    Don't forget to tune into SkateBuzz tonight! JR and SR Dance at BC Summerskate on tonight starting at 7:50 PT! I know its late for those on the East Coast but there is some significant talent on display this year with some couples scheduled for the upcoming JGP circuit.

Thanks, csparkles. That's a very nice program for Andrei.

I'd also like to add my voice to reminding everyone about the BC summer Skate dance competition tonight. It's a small field, but a good one. 3 novice couples , followed by 5 promising junior couples ( including Orford / Williams ) and 2 senior couples , Harvey / Gagnon and Van As / Shindle.

So , even in the east , you could watch and still be in bed before you turn into a pumpkin.
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 08-18-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Custom Title
    It looks like Orford/Williams weren't registered for the free dance; at least they didn't skate it. The novice teams from last year (Dalmer/Firus, Edwards/Pang and Bruser/Lum) are all much improved from last year, and they were already good last year. They've made a good transition into junior.

I was sorry not to see O/W's FD , but I really liked their SD.

I agree the others are really coming along nicely, and I'm feeling a sort of extra spark of presence from Edwards / Pang.

Custom Title
    Senior Men competition is on for BC Summer Skate, live.

Tripping on the Podium
    Not a Canadian event, but Kate Charbonneau scored 126.11 (49.09 SP, 77.02 FS) at the MN State Championships this weekend.

Custom Title
    Results for BC Summerskate are here, including protocols. It looks like the results are complete, or nearly so.

Could anyone who was at Minto please comment on Orford / Williams FD ?..I think that's been the highest score ( 75.25 ) posted for Jr FD out of all the Canadian summer competitions to date. There are some Minto vids on YouTube, but not of them.

Custom Title
    I saw them skate and they were fabulous. I think the music was Gone with the Wind. Everybody was talking about them and saying that they had just seen something really special. They looked head and shoulders above the field and would have given all the seniors a run for their money.
    Wing and Lowe are turning out to be incredible coaches.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast