Thread: Skate Detroit 7/19 - 7/23/2011

Hybrid View

Skate Detroit 7/19 - 7/23/2011

Here is some info on Skate Detroit which is being held at the Detroit Figure Skating Club in Bloomfield Hills, MI July 19 - July 23/2011. Bloomfield Hills is about 25 miles north of Detroit.

I've seen a few names on other forums of senior competitors: Men - Keegan Messing. Ladies - Christina Gao, Becky Bereswell, Alexe Gilles.

From what I've been told this is a huge competition with 3 rinks in use for most of the days. Admission is free.

If I read of any other competitors, I'll post the info here.

Do you know if this competition includes ice dancing? The application information said it included "pairs." I'm assuming that means ice dancing too? Would love to see some of those DSC dance teams!

It doesn't seem like there is an ice dance competition. If you look in this folder for summer competitions, but further down you should see a thread for Detroit Skate for 2010. I looked through the links in the 2010 thread and there are pictures from an ice dance exhibition, but nothing for an ice dance competition.

Drat. DSC seems like the perfect place to feature ice dance. Oh well!

Does anyone know if there is a competition schedule posted? It would be nice to know when everyone is competeting.

Arianne I called DSC and they said the schedule hasn't been published yet, but the schedule for 2011 will be similar to last years. Here is a link to the 2010 schedule:

http://dscclub.com/pdf/detroitSkateSchedule.pdf

I was surprised at how late the events run. Hope this helps.