Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Skate Detroit 7/19 - 7/23/2011

Yes, this is my first club competition. From looking through last years info, I realize they have a lot of skaters! Should be fun. I am not able to go for the entire event but would like to see most of the Juniors and Seniors.

Would love to go to Lake Placid someday, but not at this time. Hope to see some ice dance at Detroit, but if not I'll be happy with the rest.

Custom Title
    You should have a fun time, MFarone!

Event Schedule is up ("C" Rink is the main ice surface): http://dscclub.com/pdf/skateDetroit_schedule_2011.pdf

Senior and Junior Dance events are listed on the schedule for the first time that I can recall. I assume Junior Ladies will be quite a competitive event here again and I look forward to reports!

Yeah! Dance is included! I wonder what teams we will see......

Here is a link to a blog that has info about Skate Detroit. Interested to see what other names will be added to the list! http://icemusings.blogspot.com/2011/...e-detroit.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
    Here is a link to a blog that has info about Skate Detroit.
    Actually, I think those names were first posted at FSU. As of now Keegan Messing is the only one I know who definitely is planning to compete.

Read over on FSU that Madison Hubbell and Zach Donohue are competing as are Olson and Cowan in senior dance. Those are the only ones I've seen listed so far.

DSC has 3 rinks and the senior events will be in rink C which is the one to the left as you come in the front door of the building and face the snack bar. Rink B is to the right as you come in. The other rink is A and will be used for practices and is through Rink B.

Rink C is where the ice show was presented which I attended in June. I'm normally a warm person but found a sweater was necessary. Plan accordingly!

*Wish* Weaver/Poje would compete. I know they train there and saw them in the June show as well. They are my favorite team!

This is a link to a detailed schedule for Skate Detroit. It was posted on FSU this morning, but now when I click on it there is a note that the schedule is being reworked.

Maybe it will be up again tomorrow. I'll probably keep checking http://evt.sk8stuff.com/lister_event_detail.asp?id=4335

I've heard that Armin may be doing this competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
    I've heard that Armin may be doing this competition!
    He's scheduled for Liberty. SP july 15 and LP july 16. Think he'll rush up to Detroit?

Oh, I guess not then. I read that from a tweet from someone who was reporting from a summer competition. Guess it was an error. Sorry about that.

Actually, Armin M. and Keegan Messing are both skating at Liberty and both are registered for Skate Detroit. Who know if they will both be there, but they are both on the list. Also, Jonathan Cassar is skating - he of the wonderful spread eagles and the necklace that broke at Nationals. I still remember Frank Carroll placing his jacket in front of Jonathan as he fished inside his costume for the necklace .

Lol! What a funny moment from nationals! Thanks for reminding me about that! I hope all three make it out to SD! I've heard that Keegan has been throwing down quads now! That would be great to see! Can't wait until Skate Detroit!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Keegan successfully threw some quads at nationals, ... and some not so successfully.

Custom Title
    No Christina Gao? Hmm, I wonder what's up, she usually always competes at Skate Detroit...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast