Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Skate Detroit 7/19 - 7/23/2011

Jonathan Cassar is definitely a good reason to attend Detroit.

If you believe that Dance is part of Singles competition, he is one of the few to see how it is done. Every step he takes demonstrates musicality - not just with his reknowned spread eagels, but the entire flow of his presentation which negates all others who must oversell their programs.

Must be a totally random draw for Juniors - Carly and Gracie Gold are in different IR groups! Go Carly and Gracie! AND Gracie and Katia Shpilband are in the same IR group!!
    Last edited by mskater93; 07-18-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Yeah! Packing and getting ready to head to Skate Detroit tomorrow! Hopefully taking some pics!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
    Yeah! Packing and getting ready to head to Skate Detroit tomorrow! Hopefully taking some pics!
    Have fun! It would be great to get your impressions about the competition!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    It would indeed be great to hear about your experiences! And take lots of pictures, if you're a camera buff! We'd love to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
    Please post as much as you can about Junior Ladies!

Custom Title
    I'm compiling unofficial results/top scores that various nice people are sending me here: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...se-contribute/

Thank you! YAY Gracie! I saw her working on this short and glad to see she pulled out the 3+3

Just a few quick notes from tonight:

Jonathan Cassar was AMAZING in the short program today! He skated to a tango medley that included the Tango de Roxanne. Spread eagle and footwork were out of this world. The audience gave a partial standing ovation and went wild! He gladly signed autographs for fans afterwards and was a class act. Armin went for the quad and fell. He also popped his 3a, but did a nice 3/3 combination which put him in the lead a couple of points ahead of Cassar. Keegan Messing also popped his axel and then totally missed the quad, it looked like he caught his toepick and didn't even hit a single. He pulled out a 3/2 combination only and seemed very upset. Hopefully he will come back strong in the free!!!

Becky Bereswill's lp was graceful and beautiful. Her spirals are amazing and her layback is the best in the competition. She unfortunately popped a few jumps.

Alexe Gilles came through strong tonight. Her lutz was missing, but she had some nice triples and presented her program well.

On the Ice
    I'm so pleased for Jonathan Cassar!! Thanks for the report!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I'm compiling unofficial results/top scores that various nice people are sending me here: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...se-contribute/
    Nice outing for Nina Jiang here! Nice to see her doing 3f and 3lz. Her win here and strong total score should put her in contention for a JGP assignment. I'm very pleased to see her skating so well! Also what happened to Amanda Dobbs? Is she injured again, the WD is concerning :/

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Nice outing for Nina Jiang here! Nice to see her doing 3f and 3lz. Her win here and strong total score should put her in contention for a JGP assignment. I'm very pleased to see her skating so well! Also what happened to Amanda Dobbs? Is she injured again, the WD is concerning :/
    Yeah, I'm really excited for her! First time landing 3F and 3Z in competition, isn't it? I can't wait to see a video.

Tripping on the Podium
    Does anyone know where protocols are posted. Thanks...

Tripping on the Podium
    I'm hoping someone has reports from senior ladies..I thought for sure Charbonneau was in medal contention, but am happy for Grenier moving up to 2nd. I am also pleased Gilles had a great performance.

Added a few notes about this competition to my blog with some pics as well : )

http://pjoandajo.blogspot.com/2011/0...e-detroit.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast