Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Assignment surprise...?

nefertiti..reincarnate

Assignment surprise...?

Tatjana tweeted that there will be "a surprise. :-)" in the coming GP assignments.

Does anyone have the right guess?

Like Plush getting 3 slots???

Custom Title
    Plushenko has never wanted to do more than one GP event. I don't see it.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    He didn't finish tops at Worlds, so how would he qualify for 3 spots?

Custom Title
    True, it's impossible to get 3 slots. But maybe he's not assigned to COR but to other GP event like Skate Canada, Cup of China or Skate America.

Medalist
    Maybe someone else is "unretiring?"

Quote Originally Posted by alithia View Post
    Maybe someone else is "unretiring?"
    Maybe the Kerrs? Please!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattieu View Post
    Maybe the Kerrs? Please!
    I'd love it, but they have one gala in the US during the GP dates (same goes for Joannie)

I'd like the surprise to be that they keep 12 spots in singles and 10 in ice dance. But I think it'll be an un-retirement (Evan maybe? one of the broken pairs?)

Sadly, I think you are right sigrid!

Banned
    Maybe for Tanya Flade surprise is Plushenko skating in GP. But who care about this?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    ^Mrs Flade has interviewed Evgeni exclusively this month and the article will come out next weeks, and as far as I know Evgeni really likes her and always gives her information first, if nothing else she would be the first to know about his intentions and reinstatement stuff / gp assignments . I doubt anything relating to Plu would be a surprise to her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Plushenko has never wanted to do more than one GP event. I don't see it.
    This is actually incorrect. It may have been true in recent years, but there were years when he elected to do 2 and even 3 GP events / season:

Starting 1997-98 until 2003-04 he always did at least two events, and in: 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2003 he did 3 events.

Custom Title
    In 2004, Plushy was assigned to 3 events but withdrew from the first two and did only CoR; he complained that he had a sinus condition that made air travel difficult and painful. He did only one event in 2005, again, CoR. He skipped the 2006, 2007 and 2008 GPs and did one GP--CoR--in 2009. He doesn't like to travel, that's a given.

Prior to 2004, Plushenko was a young man at the peak of his powers and doing 3 GPs was well within his capabilities. But he is now 28 and hasn't competed in the past 20 months, so it's an entirely different story.
    Last edited by chuckm; 06-26-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Banned
    Do you really interesting in Plushenko GP assigment? And this will be suprise for you? Sorry, but nothing interesting for me if he will skate at CoR.
    Dont like when people made this way - if you know something, but didnt want tell this to other people, better post nothing, then to talk hints. It will be funny if tomorrow we will not find nothing interesting
    If we will find something, because ISU have so bad managment and work so slow.Maybe they need younger president

Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    This is actually incorrect. It may have been true in recent years, but there were years when he elected to do 2 and even 3 GP events / season:

Starting 1997-98 until 2003-04 he always did at least two events, and in: 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2003 he did 3 events.
    He's been around a long time, hasn't he? Even before l997, he must have qualified to get GPS.
    From another post I read Miki Ando will skip the GPs this season. I guess that would not be as much of a surprise as Evgeni skating a GP.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    He is as old as the mountains What is GPS? Grand Prix Series? First season 96-97. Before 1997 he was a junior.
    Quote Originally Posted by npa View Post
    Do you really interesting in Plushenko GP assigment? And this will be suprise for you? Sorry, but nothing interesting for me if he will skate at CoR.
    Yes I am interested.
    Or this was a rhetoric question?
    Last edited by seniorita; 06-26-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast