Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Assignment surprise...?

Custom Title
    I'm interested too.But I don't think it's about Plushenko.I expect him to do Cup of Russia but probably not another GP.
    At first,I thought maybe F/S are in the lists,but they have announced they'll be back anyway.Maybe Yuna has decided to compete this fall?

(I hope it's the Kerrs though..but unfortunately it may not be the case...)

Custom Title
    I think Plushenko doing one GP would be interesting. I think doing two would be moreso.

Custom Title
    Maybe T. Flade knows of some other surprise than Plushenko skating in GP? That surely is no surprise since he became eligible again.

On the Ice
    The surprise is not about Evgeni Plushenko. I ususally won't tease people with "I know something but won't tell", but it is only until tomorrow plus I just wanted to spark interest in the Grand Prix and I guess it worked. :-) The surprise might not be a surprise for everyone, though.

hmmmm.... Well, we know that Miki is skipping the series this year. She may even take a year off : ( She will be missed. I hope Michelle Kwan is returning : ) lol

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by npa View Post
    Do you really interesting in Plushenko GP assigment? And this will be suprise for you? Sorry, but nothing interesting for me if he will skate at CoR.
    Dont like when people made this way - if you know something, but didnt want tell this to other people, better post nothing, then to talk hints. It will be funny if tomorrow we will not find nothing interesting
    If we will find something, because ISU have so bad managment and work so slow.Maybe they need younger president
    I couldn't agree more!

Everything will be made public tomorrow

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
    Everything will be made public tomorrow
    Exactly. It is not like the GP assignments are a vital information that needs to be published immediately when the meeting was on a weekend and people in the Federation office will be back to work on Monday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatjana View Post
    Exactly. It is not like the GP assignments are a vital information that needs to be published immediately...
    Yes it is! Yes it is! Give us a hint. Is it about an individual skater or about a rules change?

Paying the bills
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatjana View Post
    Exactly. It is not like the GP assignments are a vital information that needs to be published immediately when the meeting was on a weekend and people in the Federation office will be back to work on Monday morning.
    Skaters waiting to hear if they were chosen might disagree .

Custom Title
    Exactly. Skaters who are not chosen will have to hope that they get fall Senior "B"s assignments, which means impressing the USFS with great results in summer competitions. Those who have assignments will be more concerned with practicing and being monitored, either at one specific summer comp, or privately.

Also, those Seniors who do get assignments but weren't in the top 5 at Nationals may be exempted from Regionals and/or Sectionals due to date conflicts.

So schedules over the next five months are dependent on whether or not a skater makes it to the GP.

Taffy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Yes it is! Yes it is! Give us a hint. Is it about an individual skater or about a rules change?
    Can we have a little hint?

Tomorrow is too far away!

On the Ice
    Guessing here, but maybe no V&M on the list????!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Only if V&M have chosen to not do any GP events--as silver medallists, they have qualified for 3 spots if they want them. It's possible, though.

On the Ice
    It is about an individual skater, not a rule change. There is no major rule change other than what has been known before (down to 10 singles and 8 dance teams). There is extra prize money for skaters who do three events but only a few chose to do three (like Savchenko/Szolkowy, for example, which has been known already).
    And as for the skaters waiting to know if they are selected - I think two days won't make a difference in their planning plus their Federations might have told them right away but asked them not to make it public yet.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast