Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Assignment surprise...?

Ooh I really like that visual representation!! Are we going to be getting more of them, or are there already available? If not I can work on it. =]
    Last edited by pista04; 06-27-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: To add that, for the SA TBD spot, I really hope they give it to Armin Mahbanoozadeh. =]

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightSkater View Post
    In other notes, USFSA selected Caroline Zhang? That surprised me.
    I am glad to see that USFS has not given up on her. Maybe Caroline will surprize!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    He doesn't need Inman, there are plenty of FS blogs.
    I want to make clear that no way I think that Evan is somehow involved in an "anti-quad plan".
    He probably will have at least a non-quad plan with reasons why it is the best maybe doing two triple axels post halfway point

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Let's wait and see the SKATING before starting up with the conspiracy theories.
    That's no fun and you have past programs

Custom Title
    Please work on the visual rep of the other events, pista. I got that one from a Japanese site and I was surprised they didn't have one for the Ladies. Maybe there is a real source that does but I'd rather count on you.

Medalist
    I hope Armin gets the empty spot at Skate America. It's only fair given that he medaled at last year's event.

Guess I should be relieved that Iliush/Maisuradze got two events. I mean, their PB is very good at #8 but their World rank is pretty low due to the ISU's completely illogical system (I/M at #19 while Kemp/King, whose PB is #34, are ranked way ahead of them at #12). So I was slightly worried... Anyway, it's good to see they don't have to travel from Canada all the way to China in one week like last season! Disappointed that Gerboldt/Enbert and Stolbova/Klimov got only one event but S/K have a pretty good chance to get host pick for Cup of Russia. Volosozhar/Trankov said Russia would leave it open for them but it sounded like they didn't really want a third event. I hope so anyway, it's selfish to take up three when there are decent teams with only one.
    Last edited by smia; 06-27-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Custom Title
    Evan will definitely need a quad against Plushenko and Chan now.

It's kind of funny to see some American fan's desperate hope for Lysacek
    I'm American and I don't see this happening. Maybe because I'm neutral when it comes to Evan. I say good luck to Evan. I hope he finds a quad.

Was Evan's foot broken?
    Last edited by lavender; 06-27-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post

That's no fun and you have past programs
    Past progams with past rules.

The new rules give skaters (too many) points for quads that windup on the seat of their pants.

Reading the article that Lavender posted it says Evan has started serious training and will wait to see how it goes before any formal anouncement.

If Evan is working on quads he has said in the past the 4T bothers his old injury and a 4S might be a better way for him to go.

Plushy didn't do a triple flip in Vancouver possibly because it bothered his knee.

What would be worse in your opinion and what would set skating back further:

A. an olympic champion without a quad

B. an Olympic champion without a full set of triples

C. an Olympic champion without a full set of tiples and very weak or non-existent transitions.

For me "C" seems to send Men's skating back to the 80's and "B" is not much better.

Sort of kidding here and Lambiel is another skater who lost a jump due to injuries.

I still love to watch him skate with or without a good 3A (and a sometimes wonky 4T)

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Why is this a thread Evan vs Plu again?

I m thrilled I/M got two events too, with such a field in Russia I was afraid they will be dropped, and they are my No2 team

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando View Post
    If Evan is working on quads he has said in the past the 4T bothers his old injury and a 4S might be a better way for him to go.
    Evan barely leaves the ice on his Salchow. I don't think he will ever attempt a 4S in competition.

It will be interesting to see how much of a "reigning Olympic Champion" bonus he receives.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar

I/M're back..and Canada's got 'em ! We loved those two cuties last year .

They must not have moved the seeds up when the top seeds withdrew. With Ando and Kim not participating, the top three in ladies become Kostner, Leonova and Czisny.

If he ISU had moved them up to the 1-2-3 seeds, then Czisny ahd Kostner would not face each other until the finals. But they are both at Skate America and at Eric Bompard.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Evan barely leaves the ice on his Salchow. I don't think he will ever attempt a 4S in competition.

It will be interesting to see how much of a "reigning Olympic Champion" bonus he receives.
    You could be rigt but we do know he jumps high enough to do a 3S so he would have to jump a little higher.

Watching Chan and Brezina do quads it is not hard to see who jumps higher. But who was more successful last season?

As to the PCS they will be up there if he skates well. Joubert has lived on reputation PCS and he never won the OGM so why any surprise if the judges are kind to Evan?

There is nothing at all unique about that happening in skating,
    Last edited by janetfan; 06-27-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Wow, welcome back Evan. Odd no personal announcement from him or his team. I wonder if he is planning Sochi as well?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Odd no personal announcement from him or his team. I wonder if he is planning Sochi as well?
    Does Evan know he's coming back?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast