Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Assignment surprise...?

Jeez. This pent-up anger for Evan being the Oly Champ has stirred a few posters who are demanding a quad being the only element to be judged. It has to be personal. It's certainly against the CoP system as well a Evan. They should just blow it out their you know what and get back into the game of figure skating. Worlds will be in Nice next March, I believe. Let's see who gets the gold. Before that I would like to hear from the anti Evans say something about who they would like to see get that gold in Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Does Evan know he's coming back?
    According to Phil Hersh, Evan hasn't made up his mind yet.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,2124090.story

According to Lysacek's publicist, Lynn Plage, he wants to make no formal announcement of his intentions until later this summer.
    (Thanks to lavender for the link.)
    Last edited by Mathman; 06-27-2011 at 08:36 PM.

Custom Title
    So all that attack on Lysacek is premature? Has he or has he not launched his anti-quad campaign? Maybe his decision depends on if and when he feels sure of such campaign being well organized and ready like a well oiled machine.

I don't think he has launched his campaign yet. Just sent out a few scouts.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Jeez. This pent-up anger for Evan being the Oly Champ has stirred a few posters who are demanding a quad being the only element to be judged. It has to be personal. It's certainly against the CoP system as well a Evan. They should just blow it out their you know what and get back into the game of figure skating. Worlds will be in Nice next March, I believe. Let's see who gets the gold. Before that I would like to hear from the anti Evans say something about who they would like to see get that gold in Nice.
    I'm not sure if you mean me, but obviously, I'd like to see Chan defend his title.

Custom Title
    Chan should probably win in Nice or Kozuka. I assume they are more likely to be there than Plushenko.

A quad is judged to be harder than all triples so an olympic champion with a quad is more impressive than one with a triple flip.

Also I hate COP. Mostly for the quads being worth a lot of points but not having any value like 2010 olympics.
    Last edited by gmyers; 06-27-2011 at 11:04 PM.

♥ My Mirai's Golden Pond ♥ Sasha'sSpins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    ITA. I wish Evan well and hope he stays healthy training all the way up to the GP events-if he still wants to compete by then. In fact, I hope and pray ALL the skaters stay healthy as the train up to the GP events. No more serious injuries please.

I'm totally psyched to see the Russian babies are assigned at the same events as the established Americans. That being said I'm most looking forward to Flatt/Nagasu at Skate Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Chan should probably win in Nice or Kozuka. I assume they are more likely to be there than Plushenko.

A quad is judged to be harder than all triples so an olympic champion with a quad is more impressive than one with a triple flip.

[...]
    It's not that simple. What is more "difficult" is unique to each skater. For someone like Patrick Chan or Stephane Lambiel, the quad is clearly "easier" than the triple Axel. For several men quads come easier than triple Axels or even another triple. I suspect we'll even see "more difficult" quads from Chan and the other men before we see all them have complete mastery of every triple jump.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I too believe he wouldnt say he is coming back unless he is fully ready, besides if he was skating all this time in shows how much of his triples will he have lost?Except maybe the 3axel. Since they didnt announce him as TBA in SA and TEB I believe he is coming back for sure.
    And I m GLAD after the whole he is old- old- old campaing I have been reading here for skaters, that people are used to skaters now over 25 years old to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Please work on the visual rep of the other events, pista. I got that one from a Japanese site and I was surprised they didn't have one for the Ladies. Maybe there is a real source that does but I'd rather count on you.
    Im on it! =] May not get some good time to work on it until tomorrow though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Evan competing again? What makes him think he'll get anywhere near the podium nowadays?
    This article with give you some answers about Evan´s realistic attitude:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...2230324.column

Quote Originally Posted by Hernando View Post
    If Evan is working on quads he has said in the past the 4T bothers his old injury and a 4S might be a better way for him to go.
    Why not a quad lutz? Lutz has been a very strong jump for Evan.
    Last edited by Jaana; 06-28-2011 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    So all that attack on Lysacek is premature? Has he or has he not launched his anti-quad campaign? Maybe his decision depends on if and when he feels sure of such campaign being well organized and ready like a well oiled machine.
    There's nothing wrong with disliking Evan's skating. What bothers me, was the demand for a quad from certain fans who miss the whole point of CoP scoring. Instead of hitting on Evan, they should be demanding the ISU to select a quad for the SP.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    This article with give you some answers about Evan´s realistic attitude:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...2230324.column

Why not a quad lutz? Lutz has been a very strong jump for Evan.
    Quad lutz. hmmm

You must be kidding.

First and formost, quad lutz has never been landed cleanly ever in a competition.
    2. Evan has long limbs. For such a guy is getting very hard to put in an extra rotation because of his body, thus his struggle with the quad toe in the first place.
    Lutz is so much harder jump than the toe.

Custom Title
    If Evan thinks he doesn't need a quad, I am sure that Frank Carroll would set him straight. I wouldn't be surprised if Evan's actual return will depend on whether he can get it back, without re-injuring himself trying to do so.

Custom Title
    The Chicago tribune article made is seem like Evan just wants to compete - not that he necessarily thinks he will be on top. I have to admit, I find that thirst to keep 'playing' and working hard, giving it your best when you might believe/know others will pass you by, to be be very inspiring. I hope he goes for it and delivers strong performances - and if he has no quad, I'll still enjoy what he adds to the competition. As for those that have the quad and other goods (like Chan, who amazes me), I can't wait to see what they bring too - and just sincerely hope everyone stays as injury free as possible. Can't wait for the GPs!!!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast