Thread: Chock & Bates to team up

Hybrid View

Chock & Bates to team up

According to Jo Ann Barnes of the Detroit Free Press, Madison Chock & Evan Bates are teaming up in ice dance.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011062...85/1048/sports

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    Well this for sure is not the most surprising news. Madison is a beautiful girl but in no way does she hold a candle to Emily when it comes to skating. However, it will be interesting to see the new team Chock/Bates next season.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    This will have to be utterly dazzling to make me get over the loss of S/B.

Thanks for the info. The skaters are playing musical chairs, unfortunately someone is always left out.
    I hope Emily is successful in arranging a new partnership.

Packaging will be crucial for this team. I can see a classic American Musical Theatre piece suiting them well, i.e. Gershwin, Cole Porter, Frank Loesser, etc. Evan's classic look and Madison's ability to perform and chew the scenery would suit the style well. I really want them to look into Anything Goes.

I wish them the best but I'm still upset with S&B splitting. I'm not crazy about Madison but I'm sure she will have the possibility to shine more now that she has a taller partner.
    Hope Emily will find a great partner and will continue to compete.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BackStage Barbie View Post
    Packaging will be crucial for this team. I can see a classic American Musical Theatre piece suiting them well, i.e. Gershwin, Cole Porter, Frank Loesser, etc. Evan's classic look and Madison's ability to perform and chew the scenery would suit the style well. I really want them to look into Anything Goes.
    Agreed. I assume they will be taking from Zueva and Shbilband, so I am confident that team can come up with something to suit them well.