Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 223

Thread: Japan Open

  1. #76
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by genki View Post
    When Chan falls, yes he always rotates in the air fully, but not other skaters. Is this believable? No way.
    Can you cite specific incidents to back up your argument? Otherwise, it sounds a little silly to me, giving an impression that you were being emotional rather than rational. It sounds like you were angry simply because Chan is so talented, able to rotate fully before he falls, which is hard to do for other skaters. I am not saying your thoughts were wrong (nor do I know if they were right). I just wish there were "bones" (hard evidence) to support your logic (if there was one).
    Last edited by skatinginbc; 10-02-2011 at 08:06 AM.

  2. #77
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    1,799
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Hanyu' jumps are crazy- super high with a long territory.
    Who are you talking about ? Did he compete???
    Last edited by herios; 10-02-2011 at 01:28 PM.

  3. #78
    Custom Title Morning Glory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    in the Lavender Garden
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    Who are yhou talking about ? Did he compete???
    He skated his last year's SP at JO as a guest skater. Also he skated this year's LP at CoI. His jumps were not on yesterday, but still his performances were fantastic.

  4. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,187
    Dai's exhibition, Carnival on Ice:
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvNSdSA22l8

  5. #80
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    I don't know Zazoui well enough, but do others see her influence in Dai's LP? I don't know what I think, truthfully. I tend to find foreign interpretations of other specific cultural idioms quite fascinating, and Dai's no exception. I also love the fact that he's trying to stretch and better himself. But there were a couple moments that just felt a little... false? I don't know. I also agree with Buttercup - this music is better SP music than LP.

  6. #81
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,275
    Love Takahashi's new exhibition program, very Lambialesque, which I mean as a high compliment, something that can hardly be said about anyone else. Dai is showing his range. Whether or not there are invisible flaws (UR and E) to his jumps, they are beautifully executed here, with solid landing and nice flow out of them. Dai shows no nerves and no rust.

    Yuzuru can learn a lot from this program, to complete each movement gracefully, flowing instead of frentically rushing from one element to the next. Florent can learn about a beautiful and meaningful pause even, maybe especially, in a competition program.

    Simplicity of his costume in this program is most appropriate but we see how out of place it is for the Mambo!
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 10-02-2011 at 11:50 AM.

  7. #82
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,890
    Need more videos!!!

  8. #83
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,205
    Yes! I'm dying to see Tuktamysheva.

  9. #84
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,275
    More Team Japan photos since last night. This board too has been anxiously waiting for videos, wondering why the Japanese fans aren't so "friendly" (accommodating) this time? LOL.

    eta. Oooh, a member there has the complete broadcast on videos for download. Any Baidu member on GS who could bring them to us? Please.

    etaa. People there are downloading. Hopefully some will soon upload to accessible sites for us. Keep watch.

    etaaa. Now people in the first link, who had drifted off into discussing tights over boots are now discussing the skates from the videos. Sigh. #Jealous #Impatient
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 10-02-2011 at 01:05 PM.

  10. #85
    On the Ice poloska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    More Team Japan photos since last night. This board too has been anxiously waiting for videos, wondering why the Japanese fans aren't so "friendly" (accommodating) this time? LOL.

    eta. Oooh, a member there has the complete broadcast on videos for download. Any Baidu member on GS who could bring them to us? Please.

    etaa. People there are downloading. Hopefully some will soon upload to accessible sites for us. Keep watch.

    etaaa. Now people in the first link, who had drifted off into discussing tights over boots are now discussing the skates from the videos. Sigh. #Jealous #Impatient
    I want to see Liza's performance so badly!!!!

  11. #86
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,275
    I located this person's blog with JO for download. Will someone please reload these videos for us anxious folks here? Thanks.

    eta. I've changed the link to a better/easier site.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 10-02-2011 at 01:27 PM.

  12. #87
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    1,799
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Love Takahashi's new exhibition program, very Lambialesque, which I mean as a high compliment, something that can hardly be said about anyone else.
    Ahhh, was this ever mesmerizing? I watched him breathless...

    Let's talk, Thank-you soooo much

  13. #88
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,275
    I'll try to make this a can't miss.

    Complete Japan Open and Carnival On Ice broadcast can be downloaded from this site.

    Get it before it runs out.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 10-02-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Typo in a can't miss formate is embarrassing

  14. #89
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    194
    Can you cite specific incidents to back up your argument? Otherwise, it sounds a little silly to me, giving an impression that you were being emotional rather than rational. It sounds like you were angry simply because Chan is so talented, able to rotate fully before he falls, which is hard to do for other skaters
    I am not angry, because he is talented!! I am a die hard figure skating fan. I welcome all the talents to this sports and appreciate them all.
    I am angry, because Chan was favored by judges so much. He was wonderful last year, with all quads and everything, but this type of winning with more than 84 on PCS with disruptive mucltiple falls sickens me. His SS is second to none. No question about it. But what about presentation, musicality and interpretation and so on?

    It is so sad that current judging system has so many problems. I used to enjoy Yuna's beautiful skating. However, around 2009, when her PCS and GOE started to inflate unreasonably, I stopped enjoying watching her.

    For the evidence of rotating fully and falls, I really want to see the video if you have ones which are convincing for all the figure skating fans.

  15. #90
    On the Ice poloska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    I'll try to make this a can't miss.

    Complete Japan Open and Carnival On Ice broadcast can be downloaded from this site.

    Get it before it runs out.
    Thank you so much!!!!!! I reuploaded Liza's video, can I post a link here?
    Last edited by poloska; 10-02-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •