2011 Liberty Summer Competition, July 12-16 (Aston, PA) | Golden Skate

2011 Liberty Summer Competition, July 12-16 (Aston, PA)

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes! We plan to be there for most of it (Wednesday - Saturday). Living in the area is a big plus - we can commute there every day!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ I don't know about that, but Sylvia's link from "unseen skaters" is pretty helpful, IMO.

Nathan Chen was terrific in both the short & free skate. Caydee & John were wonderful in their "East of Eden" sp last night. Another junior level man who skated really well yesterday afternoon was Jay Yostanto. He finished 2nd overall (to Nathan), and skated to "Dragon" (one of Elvis' signature programs).

Last edited:
^ I don't know about that, but Sylvia's link from "unseen skaters" is pretty helpful, IMO.

Nathan Chen was terrific in both the short & free skate. Caydee & John were wonderful in their "East of Eden" sp last night. Another junior level man who skated really well yesterday afternoon was Jay Yosanto. He finished 2nd overall (to Nathan), and skated to "Dragon" (one of Elvis' signature programs).
I'd love to see some youtubes of Caydee and John, and Jay Yosanto. Any links available?

Today's Schedule

Senior Ladies SP - A
Senior Ladies SP - B
Senior Men SP
Senior Pairs LP

Saturday's Schedule

Senior Ladies LP - A
Senior Ladies LP - B
Senor Men

How do they determine the Winner of the Ladies?

Some interesting skaters listed in Sylvia's link.

roemerr

Rinkside
Thanks for the link. They look really good to me. Does anyone know if they are doing the long program?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If you mean Caydee & John, I think they're only doing their short program at Liberty, according to some other people who were there last night.

roemerr

Rinkside
Yes, Caydee and John. I guess it is just too soon for both programs to be ready. I hope they get some international assignments.

mariposa

Rinkside
I'm wondering if anyone has details/results from senior ladies SP..I can't seem to find them anywhere.

babayaga

On the Ice
I'm wondering if anyone has details/results from senior ladies SP..I can't seem to find them anywhere.

It seems that I can't post a link here but there is an article at the Universal Sports website that has a nice summary of Friday's events including ladies' results. It's called "Comeback kids golden at Liberty".

callalily

On the Ice
A very good first outing for Jessica and Sebastien! Nice triple flip from Jess. Looking forward to seeing them develop.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I think Samantha Caesario won both the SP and the free skate! :biggrin:

Yes this is correct. Angela Wang was 2nd in the FS and overall in group A (Samantha's group) 11 points behind Samantha, then Leah Keiser beat out the Ukranian girl to win group B, where Lauren Dinh was 3rd but only scored 66 for the FS. Cesario's scores were by far the highest of all the ladies, 106 and change for the FS, Leah scored 93 for her FS I think.

samba

On the Ice
Why can I find the results? I checked the official website, no update since Friday.