Nathan Chen | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

He's like a little dynamo!

Does anyone have any news of him for the upcoming season?

Will he skate Jr. GPs? or will he remain in Novice?

I've posted this before but I think it's cool enough to post again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SwoKMyB8p0

I'm impressed with the job Nathan's coach has done with keeping him age appropriate. It's hard to know where he will be in 10 years so I am enjoying his skating now.
Where is WIWA? As skating shows go, this one was very special. Thank you, A.H.Black for the link. It wasn't till the end when the credits come up, did I understand what make the show so special. It was choreographed by David Liu, a former ballet dancer and skater. But who were all those talented skaters?

If David Liu choreographs competitive programs, I would suggest many skaters to flock to him.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
I believe David Liu choreographed Christina Gao's 2009-10 short program ("Morning Passages" by Philip Glass from the soundtrack of The Hours).

"Wiwa" was an ice skating show called Wind and Water that took place at the World Ice Arena in Hangzhou, China, in May 2010.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
I don't know who all of the stars are but among the ones I recognize are -

Richard Dwyer (I had the biggest crush on him when I used to go to Ice Follies)
Laurant Tobel
Rory Flack
Crisha Gossard (I think that's her)
David Liu
Nathan Chen

I hope this is just the beginning for Solidwater productions.

Yikes I just used the drop down menu on the video and it lists the skaters. They are-

Laurent Tobel, Rory Flack, Chrisha Gossard, David Liu, Ryoko Kudo, David Pekenham, Stanick Jeanette, Joel Dear, Danil Barantsev, Richard Dwyer, Jennifer Wester, Stuart Widdall, Florentine Houdiniere, Indy Wong and Craig Wilson.

Last edited:

Johnet

Rinkside
I found a video of Yesterday's liberty competition, Nathan skated clean again, landing 2A, 3F+3T, 3L. Huge 3F+3T, very impressive. The entrance of 2A takes a lot longer than he usually does, so I wonder if he's considering doing a 3A some time this season.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrKSzJmeBIQ

But personally I don't like the choreography of this Wall-E SP as much as his previous two short programs. (Kung Fu Panda and Rawhide)

Can't wait to see his new LP soon!

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm a huge Nathan fan. He'll probably hate my saying this but I think he's just as cute as a button and I wish him so many years of happy, healthy and successful skates.
His Kung Fu Pand and Rawhide SPs are two of my all time faves. :)

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Thanks for posting the video.

- I think Nathan looks a little more like a bean pole - like he's grown an inch or two in the legs.

- It's the beginning of the season and I think this program needs seasoning. I will reserve judgment till I see it at Nationals.

Johnet

Rinkside
The result for junior men SP in this competition is now available at
http://www.libertyskating.org/Results.php

Good job Nathan! (I believe this is his new personal best in short program?)

Place Name TSS TES PCS SS TR PE CH IN Ded- Start#
1 Nathan Chen, No Club 56.21 30.39 25.82 5.19 4.69 5.38 5.00 5.56 0.00 #8

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nathan skated to "The Godfather" yesterday afternoon at the Liberty Competition for his free skate. He had one fall, but was still terrific (and won)!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Nathan skated to "The Godfather" yesterday afternoon at the Liberty Competition for his free skate. He had one fall, but was still terrific (and won)!

Which role did he portray, the grandkid? :laugh:

Nathan looks like the whole package and is so mature and sophisticated in his skating. What he lacks, speed and power, will come with growth, something a boy can count on.

Still waiting to see Nam/Nathan head to head. A new era ahead.

fscric

On the Ice
I don't understand, why did chuckm snark on an up and coming young skater? Has Nathan Chen said or done anything to elicit this negativity?