So You Think You Can Dance - Anyone Watching??? | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance - Anyone Watching???

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My favorites right now are Jess & Clarice. Who are your favorites???

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I like Marco & Melanie. In fact, I think she may wind up winning. I also like Sasha & Alexander.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I especially like Melanie; she has wonderful technique.

Caitlynn & Mitchell's Mandy Moore routine was just breathtaking.

I was a little disappointed in Sasha's comments about Alexander and his lack of swagger. They were both bad...at least he was trying and after her comments about his lack of swagger, I didn't see much from her.

Here are my bottom 3 predicitons:

Sasha & Alexander (based on performance last night)
Ashley & Chris (based on performance last night)
Jess & Clarice (based on lack of people preference...haven't they been in the bottom 3 at least a couple of times??)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm watching but I don't feel connected with any of them this year... they just seem to be pretty faces this year... and some of the routines (especially this week) have been awful choreographically... not fair to the dancers IMO

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I haven't seen a whole lot this year, but I liked Ryan's dance as a zombie. I am also glad that Travis was a guest judge, that kid is so talented!

heyang

Record Breaker
I"m watching.

Melanie and Marko have impressed me every week. I didn't think I'd like Melanie's personality after the auditions, but I've changed my mind.....

I also loved Caitlyn and Mitchell's performance this week. It was a total standout.

I feel that Alexander is holding Sasha back right now.

I'm not loving Jess and Clarice - I personally find them forgettable as a pair. That's just me.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Heyang, where have you been???

I"m watching.

Melanie and Marko have impressed me every week. I didn't think I'd like Melanie's personality after the auditions, but I've changed my mind.....

That's so funny because I felt the same way.

I also loved Caitlyn and Mitchell's performance this week. It was a total standout.

I feel that Alexander is holding Sasha back right now.
I would agree except Sasha isn't standing out so I feel that they will be going soon.

I'm not loving Jess and Clarice - I personally find them forgettable as a pair. That's just me.

I think I felt the same way until I saw Jess dance. His moves are so big and I love to watch his technique and the way he moves his arms and hands. I think I didn't like him the first weeks because he would do all these crazy faces and I think the judges told him about it and he stopped doing them.

heyang

Record Breaker
I thought last night's top 12 show was kinda of blah - especially the 1st hour.

I'd eliminate Ryan and Alexander. I think she's held Ricky back and I think he's been supported too much by Sasha. Still not on the Clarice and Jess train.

I'm dying to find out who the all-stars are. I'm guessing Robert will be one of them since he's been assisting a lot. I'd love to see Allyson back again. Hope for Katee to be one of the all-stars, as well. I'm not sure if they'd ever have a winner back as an all-star - just to avoid the favoritism factor. However, if I had to pick winners to return, they'd be Benji and Joshua.

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
We have our top 10. For the most part, I'm pleased. Thankfully Ryan was sent home last night.

heyang

Record Breaker
What do you think of the All-Stars?

Melody - 2nd place season 1
ALlison - top 8 season 2
Pasha - top 6 season 3
Twitch - 2nd season 4
Comfort - top 8 season 4
Chelsie H - top 6 season 4. Now with Dancing with the STars
Brandon - top 2 season 5
Kathryn - top 4 season 5
Robert - top 3 season 7

I'm so bummed that Alex Freakin Wong suffered an injury to his left Achilles and can't participate!

I wasn't a fan of Comfort during her season, but she definitely showed improvement when she was an All-star last year. I wish they had gotten Katee Sheen.

Also, 5 out of 6 Emmy noms in choreography went to SYTYCD as well as Best Reality show and Best Reality show host to Cat Deeley.

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
What do you think of the All-Stars?

Melody - 2nd place season 1
ALlison - top 8 season 2
Pasha - top 6 season 3
Twitch - 2nd season 4
Comfort - top 8 season 4
Chelsie H - top 6 season 4. Now with Dancing with the STars
Brandon - top 2 season 5
Kathryn - top 4 season 5
Robert - top 3 season 7

I'm so bummed that Alex Freakin Wong suffered an injury to his left Achilles and can't participate!

I wasn't a fan of Comfort during her season, but she definitely showed improvement when she was an All-star last year. I wish they had gotten Katee Sheen.

They seem intent not to have any of the winners, but I don't know why not Katee.

I'm disappointed no Ade from season five. He's one of my favorites. Distraught that Alex is injured again.
Comfort is so good in her genre, and she's not being asked to do anything other than her genre. They need a good female hip hop dancer, and she fits the bill nicely.
I wonder if Chelsie's participation means she's off Dancing with the Stars.

Pasha is joining Strictly Come Dancing in the UK this fall, so I'm glad we get to see him before he heads to England.

Overall, a nice selection of dancers from across the seasons.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, last night was the first time I saw Sasha do what I guess everyone else sees about her. I couldn't understand why she was being saved. I think Twitch helped a lot. How can you not look good dancing with Pasha??? I'm just saying.

heyang

Record Breaker
It's definitely getting harder for the judges......

Looks like the All-stars are week to week. I was wondering what happened to Ivan....and Yay!, I love Ade, too. I think Ade was underappreciated during his season - he was always a great partner with whoever he danced with, but I guess his personality didn't shine enough to capture the viewing public.

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
I love Ade, too. I think Ade was underappreciated during his season - he was always a great partner with whoever he danced with, but I guess his personality didn't shine enough to capture the viewing public.

He made it to the top six. That's a lot of appreciation.

heyang

Record Breaker
He made it to the top six. That's a lot of appreciation.

True, but I never felt as though he got the 'glory' and acclaim ...... his personality wasn't as out there as the others and I think it could've cost him a spot in the top 4 and/or the win.

Also, noticed that last year's champion is back as an All-Star. Makes me curious as to if other winners like Joshua Allen will be back - he's been spotted in the audience last year and this year. Also, would Travis Wall appear to partner someone as an all-star. I don't know if Benji is still dancing or not - his various webpages are pretty inactive for well over a year. Sabra's dropped off the radar, too. For me, season 2 and season 4 and season 5 are my favorite seasons.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't know if Benji is still dancing or not - his various webpages are pretty inactive for well over a year. Sabra's dropped off the radar, too. For me, season 2 and season 4 and season 5 are my favorite seasons.

AFAIK he's choreographing more these days - and he worked with Jeremy Abbott on a new SP if I read the tweets correctly.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
And what about Danny Tidwell? He deserves to be seen again. I think last year he was on DWTS, dancing with an ABT ballerina.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And what about Danny Tidwell? He deserves to be seen again. I think last year he was on DWTS, dancing with an ABT ballerina.
Yes, Yes, Yes!!!! I loved watching him dance, he just made my heart beat faster. I love him!! :love: :love:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Oops, I stand corrected; wrong NY company. But Europe's gain is our GREAT loss; Danny is one of my favorite dancers. Seems like there's more opportunity for good American dancers in Europe. I bet he gets to work with some great choreographers.