So You Think You Can Dance - Anyone Watching??? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

So You Think You Can Dance - Anyone Watching???

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think you're right Merrywidow. Everyone else is dancing their hearts out and these 2 are good dancers but they leave me cold.

I really, really enjoyed Lady GaGa. I thought her comments were right on. I loved it when she challenged the judges and choreographers.
I can't wait to see her perform tonight.

heyang

Record Breaker
I'll post what I really thought of last night even though I'm watching the results show already.

My picks for bottom 2 guys and gals are Ricky and Jess and Jordan and Kaitlyn. I prefer that Ricky stay. I know some really like Jess, but I'm not amazed by him as compared to the other 3 guys. I don't feel as strongly about which gal stays.

For the final 4, my picks are Melanie, Marko, Tadd and Sasha......it's really close between Tadd and Ricky for me, but since Ricky's been bottom more often than Tadd, I went with him.

Now, last night's episode was the best of the season IMHO. Usually I truly enjoy 1 or 2 numbers, but last night had so many wonderful performances. Doesn't hurt that some of my favorite all-stars were on last night, too - Ivan, Allyson, Ade.....

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am a little surprised the judges picked Tadd over Jess but I knew Jess wouldn't make it to the end. Jess is good technically but I do understand that his personality is a little different. Everything he does is soooooo big but I would imagine that it is because he is so small. I hope the final comes down to Melanie and Marko. I am not a Sasha fan just based on the fact that she's not always been good but Melanie has....everything Melanie has done has been spectacular. To me, that's the difference between Melanie & Sasha.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I was surprised. Jordan is such a powerful dancer & Jess is so versatile. I just can't imagine Ricky & Caitlyn finishing top 3.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was surprised. Jordan is such a powerful dancer & Jess is so versatile. I just can't imagine Ricky & Caitlyn finishing top 3.
I was wondering didn't Rob Marshall comment that both Jess and Jordan had been doing some professional things. I just wondered if that went against SYTYCD and the judges were forced to let them go. Otherwise I wonder what is wrong with the judges???

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I was wondering didn't Rob Marshall comment that both Jess and Jordan had been doing some professional things. I just wondered if that went against SYTYCD and the judges were forced to let them go. Otherwise I wonder what is wrong with the judges???

They already knew that Jess had been on broadway, though. So, no, I don't think it was rule issues.

heyang

Record Breaker
I think the general rule is that they can't be under contract during the competition. The 1st yr Alex Wong tried out of the show, he was a member of the Miami Ballet Dance corp and they refused to release him.

When Allyson competed during season 2, she had already filmed High School Musical - she played one of the cheerleaders. This year's Ryan aRamirez ppeared in the season 2 finale of Glee and she's appeared in an episode of House.

Most of these dancers, especially the older ones, have had some professional experience - some even were teaching before they appeared on SYTYCD. Twitch choreographed professionally a lot in Korea before his season.

As for the Top 6 tonight, I couldn't really watch it - my digital signal has been degarding throughout the summer. The picture was severly pixilated and some of the show as unviewable. Don't know what the problem is, but it's been happening consistently between 8pm - 11pm for weeks now - just got so bad this week that most of the evenign si unviewable. I'm going ot have to watch online before next week.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone want to do some predictions??

I just hope Melanie is in....she so deserves it.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
well, heyang was right about the finalists. Well done!

I guess I agree with the outcome; Melanie will probably win.

I really like to see the All-Stars. They are so good - glad they brought Kent back this week.

heyang

Record Breaker
Results weren't surprising.

Cat revealed that Mark Kanemura, Robert Roldan, last season’s winner Lauren Froderman, and season 4 winner Joshua Allen will be stepping in as all-stars for next week’s finale.

Joshua and Mark are 2 of my favorites. Can't wait to see them again.

BTW, apparently, Benji has been working on a movie - Leading Ladies. It can be borrowed on Netflix - haven't checked elsewhere yet.

http://leadingladiesmovie.com/index.html

http://www.wolfevideo.com/products/leading-ladies/?R=1391

heyang

Record Breaker
I really enjoyed the format this season. Last year there was too much focus on the All-Stars. I think they got the balance just right this season - no all-stars til top 10 to allow the dancers to build chemistry with a regular partner as they adjust to the demands of the show, then rotating pool of all-stars for the remainder. Also - no all-stars in group #'s.

I do hope that the all-stars get to perform in group #'s during the finale.

I really think Melanie deserves the win, but I've been surprised. Jeanine Mason had a slow rise to win season 5. Even season 7 winner Lauren Froderman was a bit of a surprise - I thought Robert or Kent would win. (although none of the top 3 were really my personal favorites)

lavender

Record Breaker
Am I crazy or did I see Michelle Kwan in the front row clapping after Mel and Tadd's dance? I checked and it was her. I forgot she was part of the National Dance day.

I think all the people left deserve to win.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Am I crazy or did I see Michelle Kwan in the front row clapping after Mel and Tadd's dance? I checked and it was her. I forgot she was part of the National Dance day.

I think all the people left deserve to win.
It was like for 2 seconds and I thought it was her but not sure so I didn't say anything.

Kitt said:
I guess I agree with the outcome; Melanie will probably win.

I don't think she's a shoe-in by any means. I think she deserves it because she has been terrific since day one. Sasha has really surprised me that she was such a good dancer but she didn't show what she's made of at the beginning. I don't think anyone holds you back....she just would have outshined her partner but she didn't.

It was good to see Kent, I really liked him.

I love Lil C :love: :love:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I am a little surprised the judges picked Tadd over Jess but I knew Jess wouldn't make it to the end. Jess is good technically but I do understand that his personality is a little different. Everything he does is soooooo big but I would imagine that it is because he is so small. I hope the final comes down to Melanie and Marko. I am not a Sasha fan just based on the fact that she's not always been good but Melanie has....everything Melanie has done has been spectacular. To me, that's the difference between Melanie & Sasha.

I love both Melanie and Sasha. I think they are both specactular, in very diffrent ways. Melanie dances with a vunerable, sweet soul, Sasha dances with fire and spirit.

heyang

Record Breaker
I love Lil C :love: :love:

LOL - me, too. ..and in a weird way, I actually understand what he's conveying to the dancers.

I was also pleasantly surprised by Christina Applegate's comments. I much preferred her as compared to Debbie Reynolds and Neil Patrick Harris ( allow I love NPH). I really don't need to see Ellen back on the judging panel, either.