View Poll Results: Jason Brown: Cut or Keep ponytail?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it!

25 59.52%
  • Cut it!

17 40.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jason Brown: Cut or Keep ponytail?

Jason Brown: Cut or Keep ponytail?

Should USA's Jason Brown cut or keep his ponytail? Your thoughts?

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    First! Keep it.

Custom Title
    It's very unorthodox and usually if something is unorthodox it will go. Like Rippon's curls went but they did come back.

I remember when Morozov had Rippon's curls straightened.

It's the skating that counts, but appearances do make fans and some judges twinge.

Joubert's sail costume for Christofer Columbus
    Weir's busy sequins and beads

I would prefer ALL skaters to wear black skirts for females, and black trousers for males, with black sweaters and white dickies underneath. Oh dear, the response from the female fans would be overwhelming. Figure Skating would lose its pagaent-like form of sport.

It's up to Jason. I'm sure he will cut it at some time in the future for a new look. Meanwhile, I'll keep to the skating.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I'd let Jason make his own decision, but if he's having trouble rotating his 3A, an extra asymmetrical pound or two of hair whipping around is probably not the world's best idea. It wouldn't make a huge difference, but I'd probably cut it off for now.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I'd let Jason make his own decision, but if he's having trouble rotating his 3A, an extra asymmetrical pound or two of hair whipping around is probably not the world's best idea. It wouldn't make a huge difference, but I'd probably cut it off for now.
    He can always put it up in a top knot while skating.

This is true, but it isn't what he does.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    He can always put it up in a top knot while skating.
    That's what girls do.

Depends on why he wants to cut it. Don't do it because other people want him to. But if he wants a new image for himself, as a skater and a person, and having a haircut is part of that revamp, then it's worth doing.

Tripping on the Podium
    I think he should keep it for now. It is his trademark and while he may not be a household name yet people that catch glimpse of him skating will say, hei I like the kid with the pony tail.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Oh, keep it ! Save the scissors for a day when you really feel you need a change . Everybody gets one of those sooner or later.Then something like that can be a hugely reinvigorating .

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Did´t Rohene Ward have a ponytail and difficulties with his jumping? At least he did not ever make a podium even at Nationals, or did he?

He certainly never medalled in seniors. He was generally dead last.

Custom Title
    Since Jason doesn't have any strong personal inclination to cut it, he should make it a career strategy: Keep the pony tail as a trade mark and cut it when he needs a publicity boost and when his hair change would actually make news.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I remember when Morozov had Rippon's curls straightened.

It's the skating that counts, but appearances do make fans and some judges twinge.

Joubert's sail costume for Christofer Columbus
    Weir's busy sequins and beads

I would prefer ALL skaters to wear black skirts for females, and black trousers for males, with black sweaters and white dickies underneath. Oh dear, the response from the female fans would be overwhelming. Figure Skating would lose its pagaent-like form of sport.

It's up to Jason. I'm sure he will cut it at some time in the future for a new look. Meanwhile, I'll keep to the skating.
    The problem here is that this could really accentuate body types that vary from the "ideal," and let's face it, this is an ARTISTIC sport. Taking the art out would make it a trick competition, which I think you'd like, but most wouldn't. And I think the thicker women would really complain about having to wear a solid color with a sweater that bulked up their waist.

As for the hair, I agree with the poster above that he should only cut it if he wants to, and not because others want him to.
    Last edited by MoonlightSkater; 07-11-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast