Artistry On Ice | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Artistry On Ice

shine

Record Breaker
Zijun has grown so much -- she's looking so much more long-limbed and elegant. :love:
I found a fan video of Zijun skating to her (supposedly) new SP.
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/gGItQaP3F9s/
The program probably needs some tweaking between now and September and hopefully she'll be adding the 3F/3T in but I think she already looks much improved in many aspects! I'm excited to see how she will do on the JGP this season :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Sasha-Nobody Knows

Z/Z I put a spell on you

Alexei Yagudin-Oblivion-Piazzolla-Artistry on Ice Taipei 2011

Vladimir & Oleksiy

Arakawa's nella fantasia

Bad Romance This is a better video. I got bashed by Johnny's fans for bringing his program. :confused: Love it or hate it, it's your business. I accept neither credit or blame for his performances. If you enjoy the fans' enthusiasm, there is the YT Sell it!

Johnny-Non Je Ne Regrette Rien in Shanghai Same disclaimer.

Alexei Yagudin-Overcome-Artistry on Ice Taipei 2011

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
What happened to Sasha? tacky outfit, generic pop song, terrible hair cut and she gained a lot of weight. I almost wish she would stop touring, she does not seem to enjoy it at all and I would rather just keep the memory of the firey, sharp sasha who could not let of music go by untouched.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think Sasha looks healthy here; not scarey-skinny as she did at 2010 Nationals - she was approaching an anorexic appearance. Agree with you about the haircut and costume,though.

But her Charlotte spiral is still to die for. No one does it better.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Sasha has signature moves that everybody can enjoy and appreciate, regardless of their skating knowledge. That's what I mean by, as professionals, champions should skate like champions even when they can no more maintain their former technical level. There is usually a distinctive and visible quality to a great skater. E.g. I loved watching Oksana Baiul even when she had undertrained and put on weight. Her artistry is uniquely hers.

feraina

Record Breaker
I found a fan video of Zijun skating to her (supposedly) new SP.
That's a great program for her! Suits her lively spirit, too. I especially liked the footwork sequence ending in a nice layback spin. Very dramatic way to end the piece, and she carries the momentum very well. Nice dress, too. Looking forward to seeing it in competition!
This is going to be a really interesting JGP year, perhaps even more exciting than last year when Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva clearly dominated. We have Julia Lipnitskaya from Russia (and other formidable young Russians), Zijun Li from China, and a slew of young talents from the U.S. Should be a really good JGP season! :rock:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Sashas dress works much better in live I have to say.I thought in prague she looked sparkling.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the video clips. I liked Sasha's performance and her dress. IMO she is looking fabulous!

Shiz's performance, just wonderful, loved it!

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sasha has signature moves that everybody can enjoy and appreciate, regardless of their skating knowledge. That's what I mean by, as professionals, champions should skate like champions even when they can no more maintain their former technical level.
I think she's beautiful!!!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I just scanned the recent AOI reports/blogs in Chinese, it seems Patrick's skills and charm were being discovered by the Taiwanese fans, converting many. The main draws and most appreciated in the Taipei show were Chan, Arakawa, and Shen/Zhao. (They are featured in this news video.) Johnny fans seemed to pay most attention to his costumes, finding his JNRR costume low key and figuring he put everything into the Lady Gaga show.

A rather passionate fan blogged that she was still cringing from the pathetic attendence for 4CC and was relieved and very happy that the arena was almost full for AOI.

eta. Does anybody else think that Kurt Browning choreographed Patrick's "Moondance"?

Zijun's new SP! Wow!

SATC

Last edited: