Apolitical South Korea to Host 2018 Winter Olympic Games | Golden Skate

Apolitical South Korea to Host 2018 Winter Olympic Games

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
I wonder if Yu-Na will end up trying to stick around for three Olympics in order to skate for her home country. I'd be surprised if another Korean skater matches her ability any time soon.

prettykeys

Medalist
Ooh, I'm very excited, too. Thanks for the link, eyria. The mods were quick to merge threads. :biggrin: I, too, believe that YuNa was integral to the success of the bid.

7 years seems far away! I'm dreaming of visiting PyeongChang for the event, and I'm thinking of how old I will be by then... :eek: But I'm sure it will come soon enough.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great news!!! Congrats to PyeongChang. Yuna and her country must be thrilled.

What a coup for Korea and for YuNa. This might be bigger than the OGM for her, because she had so much to do with the outcome. How she and her family must feel at this moment!

parma

On the Ice
I am so happy for Pyeongchang's citizens and the bidding team, and especially for Yuna, and for Korean figure skating fans like myself. Her wishes about Korea's figure skating will be coming true one by one from now, benefiting those involved in the industry and fans along the way for sure. Definitely not be following the footsteps of "extremely talented but getting no support" Lu Chen.

Last edited:

camion

On the Ice
Great moment for South Korea. My dad was close to tears. Thanks to the hard work of the Korean Olympic Committee and Yuna. :)

MrScroogeMcDuck

On the Ice
I wonder if Yu-Na will end up trying to stick around for three Olympics in order to skate for her home country.

I will be shocked if we don't see Kim at the 2018 Olympics. (Note: I don't, however, think she'll compete every season between now and then.)

Last edited:

MrScroogeMcDuck

On the Ice
How old will she'll be? I think she'll be pushing it for a ladies singles skater, but good luck to her.

She'll be a very old 27. Her chances of making the podium or even placing well will be almost nil, but I doubt that's why she plans on competing at the event.

Last edited:

Cerulean

Rinkside
I hope she misspoke or she was quoted out of context because Yuna at 27 will not be the Yuna of today. I rather see her exit gracefully when she's on top.