Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Yagudin article "Griazev will win - he has to"

Custom Title
    Sorry if I spilled the beans, point taken - and post edited to not even hint at a result.

I'm not one who waits for TV - we're weeks behind here in the US on coverage - but I can appreciate those who want to.

Rinkside
    If anyone will be over at the French Nationals, please provide updated info. on what has got to be the hottest duo in eligible competition: Brian Joubert and Coach Yagudin.
    Still wish Brian would have skated at the Grand Prix Final. Wonder why he skipped,could he really think the french fed. would not give him a slot on the world team if he was fatigued at Nationals?????????
    Last edited by WhiteNights; 12-14-2003 at 01:52 PM.

Zanzibar, thanks for the edit. The good thing was that I could finally read the GPF forum. I usually don't want to be spoiled. Yes, we're behind in the US on coverage, and it annoys me to no end. But after reading about SA and SC before I saw them on tv, I've decided that, as I already thought before, it is more fun when I don't know the results beforehand. But at least I won't be nervous anymore. Always look on the bright side, eh?

It so happened that Evan Lysacek won the Junior GP. Interesting because Girazev is more of a jumper which shoujld rack up those points. Evan is a lyrical skater with great flow and edging.

Would like to see this competition but doubt it will show up on TV.

Joe

Originally posted by Joesitz
    It so happened that Evan Lysacek won the Junior GP. Interesting because Girazev is more of a jumper which shoujld rack up those points. Evan is a lyrical skater with great flow and edging.
    Joe, Griazev has great flow and deep edges, too. Even when he blows all his jumps, there's plenty to enjoy in his skating. His jumps are just a delicious dessert. (especially his huuuge axel). If you look at the points from JGP Final, he got higher marks for presentation than Lysacek, both in SP and FP. Like I said in JGP forum; if he had not singled his 3f in SP, it could've gone the other way easily.

Edited to add the second 's' to 'dessert'...
    Last edited by windspirit; 12-15-2003 at 02:49 PM.

Originally posted by Joesitz
    Interesting because Girazev is more of a jumper which shoujld rack up those points. Evan is a lyrical skater with great flow and edging.
    Joe, I believe the Junior GP was judged by the old system.

Custom Title
    The JGPF was judged using the 6.0 INTERIM system---10 judges, 7 randomly selected by the Sekret Komputer.

The JGP events used the plain old 6.0 system, no secrecy, no random selection.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Yags has not missed much with the Friends show - unlike Yags - it's lost its "edge."

All the best to him with his protge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2