Michelle Kwan - National Dance Day in DC 7/30/11 | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan - National Dance Day in DC 7/30/11

I love politics! You see which way the people are marching, then you run up to the front of the line and call yourself a leader. :laugh:

The office of Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton today revealed two Norton efforts that she believes respond to the insistence of people to dance on the National Mall...

Norton said she was glad police showed restraint and avoided arrests of people dancing at the Linc9ln Memorial Saturday...A lwasuit, which the dancers lost in the U.S. Court of Appeals in 2011, and the arrests of dancers at the Lincoln Memoorial last week have not stopped the desire of people to dance..."

"When people go so far as Flash Mob dancing without a permit, we should see such a response from the public as a wake-up call to make the Mall more with it," said Norton.

Sounds like a job for Michelle! Teach the unruly mob to cha-cha. :)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I love politics! You see which way the people are marching, then you run up to the front of the line and call yourself a leader. :laugh:

Sounds like a job for Michelle! Teach the unruly mob to cha-cha. :)

Nah I am sure Michelle will be hip hopping some moves with the unruly mob, can't
see Michelle cha-chaing her way into politics.

herios

Medalist
Mary Murphy made a boo-boo yesterday on the SYTYCD show, she called Michelle "Olympic champion":biggrin:

fairly4

Medalist
at the olympics do they give out the medals for the long and short programs during that time.
it is a judge sport. which means people disagree about the winners like her. and all who participate at the olympics are winners.
the judges can/will make mistakes.
people and judges usually disagree so maybe like me i felt she should have won . i am not going into reason why. debated to death.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Nah I am sure Michelle will be hip hopping some moves with the unruly mob, can't
see Michelle cha-chaing her way into politics.

A good Latin routine from Michelle woud be her first, no ;)

Syncopation and the Kwan remain something most rarely seen and only imagined by her fans. :yes:

at the olympics do they give out the medals for the long and short programs during that time.
it is a judge sport. which means people disagree about the winners like her. and all who participate at the olympics are winners.
the judges can/will make mistakes.
people and judges usually disagree so maybe like me i felt she should have won . i am not going into reason why. debated to death.

Good point, Fairly! She's the short program champion from 1998. In gymnastics they give out medals every time the gymnast takes to the floor, which means that a gymnast can haul in half a dozen medals from a single Olympics. I've always thought they should do that for skating, but they won't listen to me. And they should give the medals retroactively! So a lot more gold medalists will show up in the record books, including people like Brian Orser and also Elizabeth Manley, who I believe won the long program in 1988.

Actually, it is kind of interesting that special figures fell by the wayside, while "school figures" -- trying to trace ever-the-more perfectly circular lobes on a figure eight -- continued to be popular for another three-quarters of a century.