Project Runway - Anyone Watching??? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Project Runway - Anyone Watching???

heyang

Record Breaker
Bummed that Burt's gone, but that last dress totally failed the challenge.

I'm hoping Victor and Anya are in the final 3.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Allstars look like a good bunch. I wonder how Kenley Collins will act??? I was bummed too that Bert got the boot but he agreed that he should have gotten it.

Thanks so much for the list of contestants in the All-Stars! A lot of contestants I like, including Kara Janx, Rami, and the talented Austin. And Elisa! She was a bit of a space cadet, but one moment put me in her camp forever. The judges asked one of my least favorite questions--something off the order of "Which of the other contestants should be out?" Elisa said crisply and without hesitation that she didn't do that sort of thing. A small but definite demonstration of moral courage. I'll be happy to see her among the others. There was one week where I thought she should have won (the convertible dress she made for Sarah Jessica Parker).

I'm sorry that Bert is off, too. He was very good, and I had grown to like him. I love his matter-of-fact reaction: "You made the right choice." Merrywidow, I think I agree with your rankings of the top three. That Anya: what a creative designer! I hope she learns more sewing technique. Then the sky will be the limit for her.

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm pulling for Anya to win it all, Viktor second, Josh third.

I agree.... I do think Viktor has done some very nice work, but lacks the flair that Anya and Josh possess.

I was getting tired of Viktor and Josh complaining about how Anya can't sew and therefore can't be a good designer. I so disagree. THe designer has the vision and the ability to communciate that vision to others and work with others to attain it. Also, lack of sewing skills doesn't = the inability to to recognize good construction skills - Anya knows what's been done well or not....

I'm also glad that many developed a fondness for Burt, as well.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree.... I do think Viktor has done some very nice work.

Viktor's clothing are very well constructed. The one dress that I loved was the off white gown with the torn material that looked like feathers.

I was getting tired of Viktor and Josh complaining about how Anya can't sew and therefore can't be a good designer. I so disagree. THe designer has the vision and the ability to communciate that vision to others and work with others to attain it. Also, lack of sewing skills doesn't = the inability to to recognize good construction skills - Anya knows what's been done well or not....

I was getting a little upset with the both of them, they were acting like high school girls. I remember when Christian S. said, I'm not a dressmaker. At lease Anya tries and she'll probably work on her sewing skills. I think she really got the message in the last challenge working with Burt, who was excellent in his sewing skills.

I'm also glad that many developed a fondness for Burt, as well.

I did right from the beginning.

I am really surprised that Josh got this far. I hated that silver evening dress with the black dress under. He is like Laura, he thinks he's at the top right now, why listen to constructive criticism??

heyang

Record Breaker
I'm going to hazard a guess that 1 week after the finale is more than enough time to wait to say ''Yay, Anya won'.

I do think the judges wanted her to win, which is why they made it a final 4, instead of just 3.

Yay! Thanks, Heyang. I agree that the judges really saw something in Anya, and they often pushed her along. I'm happy that they did. She's a total wild card, with very little practical experience but a lot of the pizzazz that a designer needs in order to stand out. And could she work under pressure! One reason I don't mind that she was a kind of teacher's pet is that she seemed to have such a lovely temperament. Even for the finals, she was giving Kimberly sewing supplies. For once, a "nice guy" (as far as we could tell) finished first. I'll be curious to see what kind of career she has. Will she take time to study tailoring and gain the skills that people like Victor have? Or will she just go with the inspirational gift she has and stand still? I hope for the former, of course.

Tonight they're showing the decoy collections from eliminated designers such as Bert. They were all splendid! I want to look up photos on the Lifetime website so I can really study the pieces, but they looked pretty impressive on a quick view.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tonight they're showing the decoy collections from eliminated designers such as Bert. They were all splendid! I want to look up photos on the Lifetime website so I can really study the pieces, but they looked pretty impressive on a quick view.
I was wondering where Josh was. Anyhow, I too thought of looking for the other collections. I really would like to see Bert's collection. I'm glad that Anya won...she is very gifted as a designer.