Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Indy Pairs Challenge

  1. #1
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    42

    Indy Pairs Challenge

    Any reports?

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,429
    I've put the Senior and Junior Pairs SP results/scores from Friday at this link: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/2...e-dance-links/

  3. #3
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    42
    Huge scores for Denney and Coughlin. Was it as spectacular as the scores imply? I'm excited about this team.

  4. #4
    More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,360
    Quote Originally Posted by roemerr View Post
    Huge scores for Denney and Coughlin. Was it as spectacular as the scores imply? I'm excited about this team.
    I found some videoes of the short programs on YouTube.

    Denney/Coughlin 63.14: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ZCA..._order&list=UL
    Davis/Lefteris 50.03: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRDSt...eature=related
    Andrews/LeDuc 46.91: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Fj9..._order&list=UL
    Cain/Reagan 47.88: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRPlg...eature=related

    I don't know if Denney/Coughlin could get the same score in international comps, but I'm surprised at their progress.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    322
    Are there any reports on how Denney/Coughlin long program looked like? I am very curious!

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,429
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    Are there any reports on how Denney/Coughlin long program looked like?
    Lynn Rutherford tweeted: "DenneyCoughlin earned 116.02 for Nessun Dorma free including solid 3toes, huge 3tw, big throw 3lo&3lz & spectacular final lift"

    D/C's "Nessun Dorma" was choreographed by Marina Zoueva and includes versions by Vanessa-Mae (violin) and Jeff Beck (electric guitar). I've included links to Icenetwork's articles (Senior SP & Junior SP so far) and photos in my blog link in post #2 above, along with results. HeatherC will be uploading more videos as well.

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    221
    DenneyCoughlin look terrific especially considering they have only skated together 10-12 weeks. The throws, twist, side-by-side jump and spin unison is coming fast. Obviously there is work to be done on a few levels but that is understandable, especially with constant new clarifications of rules. You cannot compare summer competition scores to international Grand Prix or ISU scores; I think you can only compare one North American summer comp score, to another, and even then you will get a chorus of "it's apples to oranges" from some. One thing to consider: most of the coaches at Indy noted that the ice was extremely soft due to a high heat and humidity index, as well as the open nature (many windows) of the rink. (Not the organizers fault -- it was a very well run event.)

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Lynn Rutherford tweeted: "DenneyCoughlin earned 116.02 for Nessun Dorma free including solid 3toes, huge 3tw, big throw 3lo&3lz & spectacular final lift"

    D/C's "Nessun Dorma" was choreographed by Marina Zoueva and includes versions by Vanessa-Mae (violin) and Jeff Beck (electric guitar). I've included links to Icenetwork's articles (Senior SP & Junior SP so far) and photos in my blog link in post #2 above, along with results. HeatherC will be uploading more videos as well.
    Thanks a lot Sylvia! It looks like they did a clean lp in addition to a clean sp, very impressive for such a new pair.

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    221
    No, the fs was not clean, Denney faltered on the second jump in a double Axel-double Axel sequence.

  10. #10
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    No, the fs was not clean, Denney faltered on the second jump in a double Axel-double Axel sequence.
    I see, thank you for the information! I have to admit I was very upset about Coughlin/Yankowskas split and was skeptical about the new pair. However they skated their short program at Liberty and here very well, although I didn't like the choreography very much. Looking forward to see the LP now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •