2011-2012 Programs by Discipline | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2011-2012 Programs by Discipline

skfan

Final Flight
Thank you everyone (especially dorispulaski) for the program info, organized, even alphabetically! It's such a helpful resource that I came here looking for the name of Anais Claes' long program music, but it looks like it hasn't been posted yet.

I hope it's allowed for me to link the vid and ask a music identification question--if not, please delete this post. I know other skaters have used this music before--probably why it stuck in my head :)

Anais Claes, ladies FS from JGP Volvo in Latvia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrghp2YCHqI

If anyone can identify it, I'd be grateful. thanks in advance :)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Anais Claes's music: (I have it posted now)
Music Short Program / Short Dance as of season2011/2012
You Give Me Fever by Davenport and Cooley
Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season2011/2012
Slow Dance in the Big City

I'm thinking that that is actually "Slow Dancing in the Big City" soundtrack, and I get no hits when I search on Dance rather than Dancing.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Doris, you're right. It is "Slow Dancing in the Big City". I happened on this movie in the '80's, loved it, recorded it, and have always watched for it. The music is composed by Bill Conti. Yuka Sato used it at the beginning of the 1993-94 Olympic season, but didn't feel good about it and changed back to a previous program for Olympics and World Championships. I have only seen one other skater use the music. (at PC Sectionals - a male skater representing Alaska at the time, I think, though I can't come up with the name). I'm sure there have been a few others, but very few. It's wonderful music.

skfan

Final Flight
Thank you so much, dorispulaski and A.H.Black. I might even check out the movie 'slow dancing in the big city' at some point. ^___^

nikiya

Rinkside
Looking forward to Mirai's LP to Spartacus. It's a very famous Russian, dramatic ballet choreographed by Yuri Grigorovich, who was also Bolshoi Ballet's AD for many years. The music is by Khachaturian. These are short clips of Bolshoi ballerina Svetlana Lunkina in a famous variation from Spartacus. I hope Mirai skates to this section of the score at least and not just PDD adagio, and also keep her costume simple or in character with the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA1vuQXAdro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfM76H9KLKk

Extended clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYtsgf46JQ4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i81V9cfcoY&feature=related

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Kevin Reynolds told PJ Kwong:

SP Chambermaid Swing - Choreo: Shae-Lynn Bourne

LP Chrono Trigger (from the video game) - Choreo: Megan Wing & Aaron Lowe

Very interesting.

And from Moore-Towers/Moscovitch;

SP Borsalino (Quick Steps)

LP Henry V

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That is interesting. I like what Wing & Lowe have been doing with dance teams. It will be interesting to see what they've done for Kevin. I also want to see Shae Lynn's SP for him!

f1nnstep

Rinkside
Impressive lists you have created here. Thaks a lot for that!

Kiira Korpi will keep her last year's SP Over the Rainbow and her free dance is coreographed by Shae Lynn Bourne also. I hope She finally gets her long program to work out.

I'm wery excited about the Pairs's this year. I hope Volosozhar/Trankov makes improvement with their coreographs as well as I'm looking forward to the new North American combinations - although missing some beautiful combos like Dube/Davison.

On Ice Dance I'm very curious how Ilinykh/Katsalapov will come out. They were just great in Euros last year but somehow lost their focus in worlds. I see them as real challengers for Zueva camp, if they only get their training and coaching sorted out.

Interesting it is going to be!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Asada's ISU biography has not been updated with her new programs.

Here icenetwork biography confirms that she is keeping last year's LP, but does not list her SP.

So Asada's SP is in the realm of rumor, based on a performance that she did in a show was the right length and jump layout to be an SP.

She gave an interview where the following was said: "SP to a classical piece choreographed by Tarasova next season. The theme will take on a queen/princess"

That could certainly be Scheherazade, but it also could be Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Swan Lake, or Turandot, or any of a number of other classical pieces.

Last edited:

skfan

Final Flight
Asada's ISU biography has not been updated with her new programs.

Here icenetwork biography confirms that she is keeping last year's LP, but does not list her SP.

So Asada's SP is in the realm of rumor, based on a performance that she did in a show was the right length and jump layout to be an SP.

She gave an interview where the following was said: "SP to a classical piece choreographed by Tarasova next season. The theme will take on a queen/princess"

That could certainly be Scheherazade, but it also could be Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Swan Lake, or Turandot, or any of a number of other classical pieces.

on Mao's forum there is a scan shared by tokitama--the newspaper article says that Scheherazade is Mao's SP. It mentions that Midori Ito and Miki Ando have used this music before.

http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/12/67/87/74/99783110.jpg

I don't know which newspaper this came from, however.

Last edited:

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Shibutanis' Icenetwork bio have been updated and state their SD and FD music as followings:

SD Music:"Batucada" by DJ Dero, "Skip to the Bip" by Club des Belugas, "Jazz Machine" by Black Machine
FD Music: Selections from the Sun Valley Serenade soundtrack by Glenn Miller.