Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 Programs by Discipline

Custom Title
    Here's another version of Yuzuru Hanyu's SP from The ICE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d4nM...6910B12&lf=BFp

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    thanks!

Rinkside
    Impressive lists you have created here. Thaks a lot for that!

Kiira Korpi will keep her last year's SP Over the Rainbow and her free dance is coreographed by Shae Lynn Bourne also. I hope She finally gets her long program to work out.

I'm wery excited about the Pairs's this year. I hope Volosozhar/Trankov makes improvement with their coreographs as well as I'm looking forward to the new North American combinations - although missing some beautiful combos like Dube/Davison.

On Ice Dance I'm very curious how Ilinykh/Katsalapov will come out. They were just great in Euros last year but somehow lost their focus in worlds. I see them as real challengers for Zueva camp, if they only get their training and coaching sorted out.

Interesting it is going to be!

Custom Title
    Can anyone confirm if Mao Asada's SP is Scheherazade?

Asada's ISU biography has not been updated with her new programs.

Here icenetwork biography confirms that she is keeping last year's LP, but does not list her SP.

So Asada's SP is in the realm of rumor, based on a performance that she did in a show was the right length and jump layout to be an SP.

She gave an interview where the following was said: "SP to a classical piece choreographed by Tarasova next season. The theme will take on a queen/princess"

That could certainly be Scheherazade, but it also could be Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Swan Lake, or Turandot, or any of a number of other classical pieces.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 09-20-2011 at 09:49 PM.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Asada's ISU biography has not been updated with her new programs.

Here icenetwork biography confirms that she is keeping last year's LP, but does not list her SP.

So Asada's SP is in the realm of rumor, based on a performance that she did in a show was the right length and jump layout to be an SP.

She gave an interview where the following was said: "SP to a classical piece choreographed by Tarasova next season. The theme will take on a queen/princess"

That could certainly be Scheherazade, but it also could be Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Swan Lake, or Turandot, or any of a number of other classical pieces.

on Mao's forum there is a scan shared by tokitama--the newspaper article says that Scheherazade is Mao's SP. It mentions that Midori Ito and Miki Ando have used this music before.

http://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/12/67/87/74/99783110.jpg

I don't know which newspaper this came from, however.
    Last edited by skfan; 09-21-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Custom Title
    Shibutanis' Icenetwork bio have been updated and state their SD and FD music as followings:

SD Music:"Batucada" by DJ Dero, "Skip to the Bip" by Club des Belugas, "Jazz Machine" by Black Machine
    FD Music: Selections from the Sun Valley Serenade soundtrack by Glenn Miller.

Thanks for the info!

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    I know you posted it, but I was kind of shocked when I finally saw what Ilynikh/Katsalapov's SD was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMV2jDMCMuM

Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    I know you posted it, but I was kind of shocked when I finally saw what Ilynikh/Katsalapov's SD was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMV2jDMCMuM
    Why are you shocked?
    Personally, when I saw them, I was surprised that they looked so bad. But were you shocked in a good or bad way?

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    Why are you shocked?
    Personally, when I saw them, I was surprised that they looked so bad. But were you shocked in a good or bad way?
    I am shocked they would 1. attempt it so soon after V/M used it 2. Attempt it, probably knowing V/M will truncate it into their SD this year.

Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post
    I am shocked they would 1. attempt it so soon after V/M used it 2. Attempt it, probably knowing V/M will truncate it into their SD this year.
    Well, their interesting choice of music was known for some time. But I was pretty baffled myself when I found out what they chose. I think they picked this music on purpose to show that they can skate latin better than V/M with the same music. But I'm pretty sure it will set them up for failure since I/K will be compared to the olympic and world champions the whole year.

While they of course knew that V&M had used that music in their FD for the 2010/2011 season, I do wonder whether I&K knew when they chose the same music that V&M would be recycling their FD into an SD and using it too?

I don't recall what the sequence of announcements was myself, and I never knew and still don't know what was known in Russia and when.

Brian Joubert is not using last season's LP after all. I have read several reports of what he is skating to, but I'm not sure it's been officially confirmed, so let's leave it at that for now.

Tripping on the Podium
    Does anyone know the music Florent Amodio is skating to? He skated at Japan Open. Did anyone recognize his music?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast