JGP Volvo Cup | Page 6 | Golden Skate

JGP Volvo Cup

colleen o'neill

Medalist
NorthernDancers..sorry if I misunderstood you , but you didn't mention before now ( in the matter of O/W, specifically ) that your complaint was with the system ,so it seemed that you were arguing against decisions perceived to be O/W's own. You may not intend to be unkind ( and I never thought it was your intention , just the natural consequences of your reasoning ).
The thing is , the system is what it is ...and I doubt if the skaters would think it kind or better for them to be unable to try to make their mark ASAP.If the system was changed , I don't think the skaters would feel it was particularly beneficial to be more or less left in limbo for a year between Jr and Sr.

( And just as an aside , do I think SC has always made wise decisions,? No , no , a thousand times no. ) :rolleye:

I wouldn't like predict the outcome at Canadians this year, except for V/M, W/P and P/I.. with the usual caveats about health , etc. We're just at the beginning of the season. But from what I've seen of R/H and H/G's programs , if they don't improve vastly ( which they could do ) they look possibly beatable to me..by whoever...

So I'll be interested to see what the other contenders have to offer. I'm very curious about O/W because I thought I could see a marked improvement over last year in the way they skated their SD at BCSS , and I've heard some glowing reports of their FD at Minto.( we'll see on friday ) That doesn't mean I'm hyping them for 4th at nationals at this stage of the game..it just means that I wouldn't rule out that they could be in the thick of things.