Takahashi banks on French flair to win | Golden Skate

Takahashi banks on French flair to win

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LYON, France — Japanese figure skating star Daisuke Takahashi is looking to the expertise of top French choreographer Muriel Boucher-Zazoui to help him land gold at the 2014 Winter Olympics.

More

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I think, that the technical elements have prevented Takahashi from winning the gold or some other medals, not his choreography. On the other hand it is interesting that he is trying out something new.

Thanks for the article!

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I think, that the technical elements have prevented Takahashi from winning the gold or some other medals, not his choreography. On the other hand it is interesting that he is trying out something new.
I agree - Takahashi's main problem throughout the past season was on the TES side of the score, not the PCS, probably due at least in part to lingering effects from his ACL injury (and, in the case of Worlds, equipment failure). Not to mention, he's never been the most consistent skater to begin with. I applaud his commitment to trying new things and exploring new influences - I'm just not sure his time might not be better spent on other things.

Brian Joubert tried something similar last summer (I believe Romain Haguenauer was involved in the SP choreo), and the on-ice results were not stellar. But then again, they are two very different skaters in style, and perhaps Takahashi will get more out of this collaboration than Joubert did.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Takahashi will be almost 28 in Sochi and he seems to be sliding a bit. I can't see his body holding up until 2014 to be honest.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
After Lambiel retired Dai is probably the only one who represents the perfect artistic skating. It would be shame if he can't compete till Sochi.

After Lambiel retired Dai is probably the only one who represents the perfect artistic skating. It would be shame if he can't compete till Sochi.

I absolutely agree with you, both about Takahashi and with your implied statement about Lambiel. I hope Takahashi is around for a good long time!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
^I don't speak French but thanks for the video clip. I think Dai was answering questions in English but I could not make out what he was saying.
Nice to see Dai back on the ice.

I didn't have time to listen carefully to Olivier, but the head coach was saying Dai's going to work on technique especially placement of his body, free leg, etc. so he uses less energy and can be at the top of his form in doing the quad, etc.

ETA: At least that's what I think she said. If not, pardon my French!