Thread: Grand Prix line up changes

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico

Grand Prix line up changes

I guess it's that time to start this thread as there have been some changes and I haven't seen this posted anywhere.

Wenjing Sui/Cong Han from China have been added to the pairs roster at Cup of China.

Pang/Tong of China have withdrawn from the pairs competition at NHK trophy.

Madison Hubbell/Zach Donohue of the US have been added to the dance roster at Skate America.

Lucie Mysliveckova/Matej Movak of CZE have withdrawn from the dance competition at Skate Canada.

Custom Title
    I understand that Pang/Tong have withdrawn from the GP series altogether, but stated they would compete at Worlds. Maybe they're going to focus on their personal lives for a bit? And if the Zhangs are back in fighting form and Sui / Han are improving, then P/T might retire?

Custom Title
    Denis Ten was added to Skate America and he now has two GP assignments (replaced Peter Liebers I think).

Caydee Denney/John coughlin from the US have been added to the pairs roster at NHK trophy.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    I understand that Pang/Tong have withdrawn from the GP series altogether, but stated they would compete at Worlds. Maybe they're going to focus on their personal lives for a bit? And if the Zhangs are back in fighting form and Sui / Han are improving, then P/T might retire?
    From the article linked in another thread, I understand that P/T simply need a rest. They were carrying the torch for China last year and were competing in too many events, including the non GP ones. They felt that they didn't get to train adequately and to develop their skills. Now that Z/Z are back and S/H are coming on the scene, they decide to take it easy this year. It's not necessarily a prelude to retirement since one of the reasons for not competing so much this season is to have time to focus on training and improving their skills and performance. It is of course a great time to get married and have some personal life. They earned and deserve the respite. Tong even joked that now they would get to eat. When competing abroad with the other Chinese Pair(s), as the No.2 team, like the midlle child, P/T always let the respected elder S/Z and the younger Z/Z have their fills of the Chinese food prepared for the skaters first, thus often not eating all they would like to have.

Custom Title
    I've just found out that Nora Hoffmann / Maxim Zavozin withdrew from Skate America.

Also Madison Chock/Evan Bates are added to Skate Canada.

Custom Title
    It seems Alexandra Paul/Mitchell Islam CAN have been added to the Skate America dance roster. I can't wait to see them!

Lots of changes

Caydee Denney and John Coughlin of the US have been added to the pairs roster at Skate Americas
    Jessica Dube/Sebastien Wolfe of Canada have been added to the pairs roster at Skate Canada
    Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov or Russia have been added to the pairs roster at the Rostelecom Cup.

Joelle Forte of the US has been added to the ladies roster at Skate America
    Adriana Desanctis of Canada has been added to the ladies roster at Skate Canada
    Qiuying Zhu of China has been added to the ladies roster at Cup of China
    Shoko Ishikawa of Japan has been added to the ladies roster at NHK Trophy.

Armin Mahbanoozadeh of the US had been added to the mens roster at Skate America
    Nan Song of China had been added to the mens roster at Cup of China
    Tatsuki Machida of Japan has been added to the mens roster at NHK Trophy
    Eladj Balde of Canada has been added to the mens roster at Skate Canada
    Konstantin Menshov of Russia has been added to the mens roster of Rostelecom Cup.

Isabella Cannuscio/Ian Lorello of the US have been added to the dance roster at Skate America
    Tarrah Harvey/Keith Gagnon of Canada have been added to the dance roster at Skate Canada
    Ekaterina Pushkash/Jonathan Guerreiro of Russia have been added to the dance roster Rostelecom Cup.
    Cathy Reed/Chris Reed of Japan have been added to the dance roster at NHK trophy.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    They earned and deserve the respite. Tong even joked that now they would get to eat. When competing abroad with the other Chinese Pair(s), as the No.2 team, like the midlle child, P/T always let the respected elder S/Z and the younger Z/Z have their fills of the Chinese food prepared for the skaters first, thus often not eating all they would like to have.
    Wow. That's really interesting.
    Do you have a link to the article?
    I missed it. Thanks.

Brian Joubert is dealing with an injury and his participation in CoC is reportedly doubtful. The decision as to whether he'll compete or not is expected by the end of the weekend.

I hope it's not too serious, and that he'll be able to skate in good form next weekend - or at least later this season...
    Last edited by Buttercup; 10-29-2011 at 07:33 AM.

^ Yeah, let's hope it's not something serious :-(

Majorov got a seond GP at TEB. Who WD and why? Some Russian guy?

ETA: I know, it's Lysachek, right?
    Last edited by snowflake; 10-29-2011 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Majorov got a seond GP at TEB. Who WD and why? Some Russian guy?
    No - Evan Lysacek has decided to spend the GP season at home, so Majorov got the assignment.

Of ourse. No surprise there