Grand Prix line up changes | Golden Skate

Grand Prix line up changes

sillylionlove

Medalist
I guess it's that time to start this thread as there have been some changes and I haven't seen this posted anywhere.

Wenjing Sui/Cong Han from China have been added to the pairs roster at Cup of China.

Pang/Tong of China have withdrawn from the pairs competition at NHK trophy.

Madison Hubbell/Zach Donohue of the US have been added to the dance roster at Skate America.

Lucie Mysliveckova/Matej Movak of CZE have withdrawn from the dance competition at Skate Canada.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I understand that Pang/Tong have withdrawn from the GP series altogether, but stated they would compete at Worlds. Maybe they're going to focus on their personal lives for a bit? And if the Zhangs are back in fighting form and Sui / Han are improving, then P/T might retire?

babayaga

On the Ice
Denis Ten was added to Skate America and he now has two GP assignments (replaced Peter Liebers I think).

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I understand that Pang/Tong have withdrawn from the GP series altogether, but stated they would compete at Worlds. Maybe they're going to focus on their personal lives for a bit? And if the Zhangs are back in fighting form and Sui / Han are improving, then P/T might retire?

From the article linked in another thread, I understand that P/T simply need a rest. They were carrying the torch for China last year and were competing in too many events, including the non GP ones. They felt that they didn't get to train adequately and to develop their skills. Now that Z/Z are back and S/H are coming on the scene, they decide to take it easy this year. It's not necessarily a prelude to retirement since one of the reasons for not competing so much this season is to have time to focus on training and improving their skills and performance. It is of course a great time to get married and have some personal life. They earned and deserve the respite. Tong even joked that now they would get to eat. When competing abroad with the other Chinese Pair(s), as the No.2 team, like the midlle child, P/T always let the respected elder S/Z and the younger Z/Z have their fills of the Chinese food prepared for the skaters first, thus often not eating all they would like to have.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I've just found out that Nora Hoffmann / Maxim Zavozin withdrew from Skate America. :cry:

Also Madison Chock/Evan Bates are added to Skate Canada.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
It seems Alexandra Paul/Mitchell Islam CAN have been added to the Skate America dance roster. I can't wait to see them!

sillylionlove

Medalist
Lots of changes

Caydee Denney and John Coughlin of the US have been added to the pairs roster at Skate Americas
Jessica Dube/Sebastien Wolfe of Canada have been added to the pairs roster at Skate Canada
Ksenia Stolbova/Fedor Klimov or Russia have been added to the pairs roster at the Rostelecom Cup.

Joelle Forte of the US has been added to the ladies roster at Skate America
Adriana Desanctis of Canada has been added to the ladies roster at Skate Canada
Qiuying Zhu of China has been added to the ladies roster at Cup of China
Shoko Ishikawa of Japan has been added to the ladies roster at NHK Trophy.

Armin Mahbanoozadeh of the US had been added to the mens roster at Skate America
Nan Song of China had been added to the mens roster at Cup of China
Tatsuki Machida of Japan has been added to the mens roster at NHK Trophy
Eladj Balde of Canada has been added to the mens roster at Skate Canada
Konstantin Menshov of Russia has been added to the mens roster of Rostelecom Cup.

Isabella Cannuscio/Ian Lorello of the US have been added to the dance roster at Skate America
Tarrah Harvey/Keith Gagnon of Canada have been added to the dance roster at Skate Canada
Ekaterina Pushkash/Jonathan Guerreiro of Russia have been added to the dance roster Rostelecom Cup.
Cathy Reed/Chris Reed of Japan have been added to the dance roster at NHK trophy.

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight
They earned and deserve the respite. Tong even joked that now they would get to eat. When competing abroad with the other Chinese Pair(s), as the No.2 team, like the midlle child, P/T always let the respected elder S/Z and the younger Z/Z have their fills of the Chinese food prepared for the skaters first, thus often not eating all they would like to have.

Wow. That's really interesting.
Do you have a link to the article?
I missed it. Thanks.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Brian Joubert is dealing with an injury and his participation in CoC is reportedly doubtful. The decision as to whether he'll compete or not is expected by the end of the weekend.

I hope it's not too serious, and that he'll be able to skate in good form next weekend - or at least later this season...

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
^ Yeah, let's hope it's not something serious :-(

Majorov got a seond GP at TEB. Who WD and why? Some Russian guy?

ETA: I know, it's Lysachek, right?

Last edited: