Miki Ando's quad salchow attempts new video | Golden Skate

Miki Ando's quad salchow attempts new video

sorcerer

Final Flight
Miki said (in English) in a Russian radio show that she thinks she'll try one more quad in competition.
Whether this will come true or not, it's pretty clear that she's not quite satisfied with her recent jumping content in competition programs.

But she hasn't even been doing 3-3's. Is a quad really possible now? The latest ones in Bartek's vid were 2009.

I really admire her determination to push the limit though. All those painful falls but she kept putting it out there, and not just in practice.

sorcerer

Final Flight
What Spun says is right, and yes Miki is not content primarily with herself avoiding 3-3's, so she was doing 3lz-3lo-3lo in practice for sometime after the worlds.
She seems to be taking a break right now, but she'll soon want to prove she has not given up on it, I believe.

And oh her quad ... it seems to me that it's sort of a self-encouragement.
I can't forget how Miki burst her joy right after her free at GPF'08 in which she stayed on her foot with her 4S< .
Even though it has a < , and though maybe not much of a meaning, this is indeed recorded officially in the protocol sheet as a 4S attempt without fall.

Bartek

On the Ice
I heard her somewhere (maybe it's the same interview we're thinking of) saying that she would like to show world one more quad in competition. I couldn't understand why she didn't try it last season with the new rule for underrotations, I mean her triple-triple. Ok, quad is very risky, you can fall etc. but look at my video with her triple-triples, when the loop wasn't given a credit it just slightly crossed the borderline, most of the cases. She had one attempt last season with < but she still got more points than for 3Lz+2L with good GOE. Btw, it would be wonderful to see her try a quad once again.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
I don't want to be a downer, but all the quad landings I've seen are between 3/4 and 1/4 (1/4 is really a gift) cheated. IIRC, she's had at least one ratified but I'm not sure how.

Bartek

On the Ice
I don't want to be a downer, but all the quad landings I've seen are between 3/4 and 1/4 (1/4 is really a gift) cheated. IIRC, she's had at least one ratified but I'm not sure how.

2002-2003 Junior Grand Prix Final was the first quad ever by a woman. Some of those from practice would be given credit.