Russian Test Skates 2011
September 3 and 4 are the russian test skates in Moscow where some of the skaters showed their new programs.
Stulmanka put up some of the skates on his channel.
Also, some other skates can be found here.
The names are in Russian but you can just click on the blue видео next to each name. Then, you will see each skater's video.
Wicked Yankee Girl
Thank you! I'll certainly look at them, especially the pairs & ice dancers.
The Good Skates:
1. LIPNITSKAYA. Lipnitskaya. Lipnitskaya. That girl is an angel. She is not only amazing artistically, she can jump. Though, she didn't have any triple triple combos here, she did a great 2A-3T-2T and a 2A-3T. I think one or two of her jumps were a bit underrotated, but that did not ruin her performance. When you look at her skating in general, she reminds me of Sasha Cohen and Tara Lipinski.
2. Kavaguti Smirnov. They really surprised me since I was ready for a childish, unattractive short program to Rock/Blues But it wasn't so bad and I liked it. It was very mature and completely different from their lyrical slow programs. Didn't even know they were able to do that kind of stuff. Tchernyshev should do all their programs. He's a great choregrapher. All that they have left to do is skate well.
3. Iliushechkina Maisuradze. Brilliant as always and glad they kept their short program. It was very nice.
4. Gerboldt Enbert. They seemed to have changed their program from Money by ABBA to Gopher Mambo. And perhaps that was a good choice since I heard their ABBA program was atrocious and even pure pornogrophy?? Anyways, there was nothing like that in this dance. It was perfect for them.
5. Riazanova Tkachenko. I rather liked it. The music was completely the same as Domnina Shabalin's at 2006 olympics. Riazanova is a very passionate skater and though they need quite a few things to work on before it's perfect, the program definitely has potential.
Wicked Yankee Girl
I definitely agree about R&T's SD. I think it suits them. I am not crazy about the way that her big poufy layered skirt looks & moves, but otherwise, very good.
OTOH, I didn't like Bobrova/Soloviev's program at all.
Seniors - circulat not touching step sequence, pattern dance is the rhumba
Riazanova/Tkachenko Short Dance
Bobrova / Soloviev Short Dance
Gorshkova/Butikov Short Dance
Juniors - straight line step; pattern dance is ChaCha Congalada
Valeriya Zenkova /Valeriy Sinitsyn Short Dance
Sinitsyna / Zhiganshin
I don't see I&K's program. Do you know whether they were there? I would think that with their top competition B&S and R&T here that they would have participated in this test skate..
Last edited by dorispulaski; 09-04-2011 at 03:31 AM.
They weren't. She got a cold or somesuch.
Originally Posted by dorispulaski
leave no stone unturned
Thank you for the vids!
Lipnitskaya grew up so much, and she is so good to watch, i think she will be the russian wonder baby no 3 this season in Juniors!
Yeah, Tarasova said she had a high temperature.
Originally Posted by let`s talk