Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Russian Test Skates 2011

Where there any results?

Custom Title
    Evgeni Plushenko

When he started, I felt he was sleepy. Then I heard the lyrics "Je Suis Malade" so I cracked up. Then, it's "lyrics?"

Ne sois pas trop malade, Evgeni.

eta Much better and complete in this video I have no idea which performance is which. Need Russian help.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 09-05-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Custom Title
    Seems like it was much more of a exhibition than a test skate. Looks like Plushenko was doing flying upright spins which are not something that are worth much. It was rebuilding. He has a 3A and the quad is almost there - it is < or possibly << at this point. He was like Joubert there!

Custom Title
    Well I don't know what to make of that. Is that a short program to vocal music? French lyrics for a world championship held in France? Beats me. There is a lot of two foot gliding with arm movements and the footwork turns are almost entirely in one direction. Lots of rests as well. But the jumps are pretty good. I wonder if he doesn't really know what he wants to do and is just trying to keep the door open. I always thought Evgeni could be so much better than he even was at his peak if he would just buy into a different style of program.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    It is not a short program, I think it is obvious, this program he did had 3 3axels to begin with. This is Je suis Malade, his exhibition that launched in Vancouver Olympic gala and skated like 57489320 times after. Skaters could choose whatever program they wanted to show in test skate and they were some who chose not to skate their future programs. Plush is in rehab mode still I suppose judging from what I saw.
    ---

I know everybody is enthusiastic about V/T and I m too although they didnt show their program as well, but how much i love I/M and their new LP. I want so much this pair to move forward and at least be the No3 in russia, they are so good and enjoyable!

Custom Title
    This can't be Plushy's SP, with lyrics and 4 jumps but no combo. OTOH, there is a token foot(arm)work and the program is skated to play to the judges' side like his competition programs.

I guess he didn't need to test skate but was he there to entertain? I thought he's been serious about his new competitive choreographies so why not get some judges' feedback on this occasion?

eta. I missed seniorita's explanation before I posted. I was aware he had a program to Je Suis Malade but was confused to see it at the test skate event.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 09-06-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    This can't be Plushy's SP, with lyrics and 4 jumps but no combo. OTOH, there is a token foot(arm)work and the program is skated to play to the judges' side like his competition programs.

I guess he didn't need to test skate but was he there to entertain? I thought he's been serious about his new competitive choreographies so why not get some judges' feedback on this occasion?

eta. I missed seniorita's explanation before I posted. I was aware he had a program to Je Suis Malade but was confused to see it at the test skate event.
    He is currently not in very good shape and he said that his goal was to just skate in front of the audience for the first time since surgery. He also said he felt very nervous skating again in front of everyone. He never shows his programs or tells any information until they are fully done. Since his programs aren't finished, he won't skate them yet.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    He had to appear as the rest skaters for a test like he did in 2009 also plus anyone like Plushenko in the russian team trials can be a boost for the younger ones I suppose.
    If he wants a feedback about his programs he can do it privately with as many judges Mishin wants, like some other skaters. I havent heard anything about his new programs apart from some rumors so I dont think he will skate that much this season.

K/S program was strange but good strange.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I dont think he will skate that much this season.
    There is a bunch of interviews to press and meetings with fans translated in English on his official site, Forum section. There he once again said that he plans to compete inside Russia, maybe twice, before the Russian Nationals. Then his target is the Championship of Russia. The rest was posted already here. Yeah, he is still in the rehab and he doesn't feel well (his left knee I mean).

Custom Title
    Plushenko is scheduled to compete in Japan Open on October 1.

On youtube, the same user, mihsersh, put up new videos. There are Tuktamysheva, I/K, Gachinski, R/T again, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mihsersh

Enjoy!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I thought that they were going to skate to Ave Maria. There was a person who saw them skate about 2 or 3 weeks ago and said it was Ave Maria. But what's that? At first, I didn't get it. I think they changed it. The music seems to be by a Russian pop star from the 80s named Alla Pugacheva. What's the point? I have no idea. Morozov hasn't done them much good so far, as I see it.

I had heard that they were skating to a different music to keep their real FD music "secret".

I don't get it.

Certainly it doesn't look they have many hours on this program, and the twizzles are a hot mess. The lifts are not smooth, nor are they particularly interesting.

I wonder whether it's a quickly thrown together exhibition so that they had something they could show at the test skate without revealing their real program.

At least I hope so. They can do so much better than this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast