Russian Test Skates 2011 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russian Test Skates 2011

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
This can't be Plushy's SP, with lyrics and 4 jumps but no combo. OTOH, there is a token foot(arm)work and the program is skated to play to the judges' side like his competition programs.

I guess he didn't need to test skate but was he there to entertain? I thought he's been serious about his new competitive choreographies so why not get some judges' feedback on this occasion?

:confused:

eta. I missed seniorita's explanation before I posted. I was aware he had a program to Je Suis Malade but was confused to see it at the test skate event.

Last edited:

DianaSelene

Medalist
This can't be Plushy's SP, with lyrics and 4 jumps but no combo. OTOH, there is a token foot(arm)work and the program is skated to play to the judges' side like his competition programs.

I guess he didn't need to test skate but was he there to entertain? I thought he's been serious about his new competitive choreographies so why not get some judges' feedback on this occasion?

:confused:

eta. I missed seniorita's explanation before I posted. I was aware he had a program to Je Suis Malade but was confused to see it at the test skate event.

He is currently not in very good shape and he said that his goal was to just skate in front of the audience for the first time since surgery. He also said he felt very nervous skating again in front of everyone. He never shows his programs or tells any information until they are fully done. Since his programs aren't finished, he won't skate them yet.

seniorita

Record Breaker
He had to appear as the rest skaters for a test like he did in 2009 also plus anyone like Plushenko in the russian team trials can be a boost for the younger ones I suppose.
If he wants a feedback about his programs he can do it privately with as many judges Mishin wants, like some other skaters. I havent heard anything about his new programs apart from some rumors so I dont think he will skate that much this season.

K/S program was strange but good strange.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
I dont think he will skate that much this season.
There is a bunch of interviews to press and meetings with fans translated in English on his official site, Forum section. There he once again said that he plans to compete inside Russia, maybe twice, before the Russian Nationals. Then his target is the Championship of Russia. The rest was posted already here. Yeah, he is still in the rehab and he doesn't feel well (his left knee I mean).

DianaSelene

Medalist

I thought that they were going to skate to Ave Maria. There was a person who saw them skate about 2 or 3 weeks ago and said it was Ave Maria. But what's that? :mad:At first, I didn't get it. I think they changed it. The music seems to be by a Russian pop star from the 80s named Alla Pugacheva. What's the point? :eek: I have no idea. Morozov hasn't done them much good so far, as I see it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I had heard that they were skating to a different music to keep their real FD music "secret".

I don't get it.

Certainly it doesn't look they have many hours on this program, and the twizzles are a hot mess. The lifts are not smooth, nor are they particularly interesting.

I wonder whether it's a quickly thrown together exhibition so that they had something they could show at the test skate without revealing their real program.

At least I hope so. They can do so much better than this.

DianaSelene

Medalist
I had heard that they were skating to a different music to keep their real FD music "secret".

I don't get it.

Certainly it doesn't look they have many hours on this program, and the twizzles are a hot mess. The lifts are not smooth, nor are they particularly interesting.

I wonder whether it's a quickly thrown together exhibition so that they had something they could show at the test skate without revealing their real program.

At least I hope so. They can do so much better than this.

I wish you were right but I'm afraid to say I think this is probably their real FD. At first, I actually thought they were skating an exhibition because I heard song lyrics. But then I saw them do an actual program. Either way, the music is not an excuse. I am not satisfied with their skating- even the new lifts are not good AND WILL HE EVER LEARN HOW TO DO TWIZZLES? She usually does them. He can't.

I don't like the program and if they keep it up this way, they won't progress this year. I don't think I/K will win nationals.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am beginning to prefer Riazanova and Tkachenko.

I liked I&K's choreo better with Zhulin--but then I almost always prefer Zhulin's choreo to Morosov's.

babayaga

On the Ice
Apparently Lena said at her formspring that they skated their new exhibition number and not the FD. :scratch:

DianaSelene

Medalist
Apparently Lena said at her formspring that they skated their new exhibition number and not the FD. :scratch:

Then, at least that's good. :rolleye:
However, I don't understand why they did that. If they wanted to just skate their exhibition, why include all those twizzles, lifts, and most of their choreography in there? They could just skate a real exhibition or do their program to the real music. What's up with that?