Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Russian Test Skates 2011

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I had heard that they were skating to a different music to keep their real FD music "secret".

I don't get it.

Certainly it doesn't look they have many hours on this program, and the twizzles are a hot mess. The lifts are not smooth, nor are they particularly interesting.

I wonder whether it's a quickly thrown together exhibition so that they had something they could show at the test skate without revealing their real program.

At least I hope so. They can do so much better than this.
    I wish you were right but I'm afraid to say I think this is probably their real FD. At first, I actually thought they were skating an exhibition because I heard song lyrics. But then I saw them do an actual program. Either way, the music is not an excuse. I am not satisfied with their skating- even the new lifts are not good AND WILL HE EVER LEARN HOW TO DO TWIZZLES? She usually does them. He can't.

I don't like the program and if they keep it up this way, they won't progress this year. I don't think I/K will win nationals.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I am beginning to prefer Riazanova and Tkachenko.

I liked I&K's choreo better with Zhulin--but then I almost always prefer Zhulin's choreo to Morosov's.

Custom Title
    Apparently Lena said at her formspring that they skated their new exhibition number and not the FD.

Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    Apparently Lena said at her formspring that they skated their new exhibition number and not the FD.
    Then, at least that's good.
    However, I don't understand why they did that. If they wanted to just skate their exhibition, why include all those twizzles, lifts, and most of their choreography in there? They could just skate a real exhibition or do their program to the real music. What's up with that?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3