Thread: 2010 Olympic Bid

LADSKATER

2010 Olympic Bid

As this does have to with figure skating, I thought it might be interesting to to get some feedback about the 2010 Olympic bid between Vancouver, BC Canada and Salzburg, Austria. Some Vancouverites are totally against it while the rest are giving their full support. The games might help our economy but then again they might hurt our economy. With so many important issues facing British Columbians the Olympics seem rather foolish to be contemplating. We were supposed to be give a referendum, but our new illustrious mayor backed out. What a coward!! Anyway, if you are interested please cast your vote.

Thanks,

Ladskater

icenut84

Re: 2010 Olympic Bid

South Korea are bidding for the games aswell as Vancouver and Salzberg. Apparently about 86.4% of the population of the country are backing the bid.

SteveKmetko374

I would love to see the Olympics held in Salzburg, that part of Europe is breathtakingly beautiful and it would be great fun for the athletes.

mike79

I would love to have the Games back in Canada for the first time since 1988. Salzburg would be nice, but with all of the events that Europe will be hosting over the next few years maybe it will hurt their bid.

If Vancouver wins the bid I'm so there in 2010!

Joesitz

Isn't Quebec thinking of the Olys in conjuction with Vermont? or did I misunderstand that news brief?

Joe

LADSKATER

Thanks for the response. All we hear about these days is our Olympic bid - I forgot South Korea is still in the running. but with North Korea making trouble with the States, I don't know.

Yes, I heard talk of Quebec and New York (I thought) anyway - it will ruin our Olympic bid - maybe that is a good thing - we can't afford the games here.

Ladskater

SteveKmetko374

New York is bidding for the 2012 summer Olympics. I fear this would be more of a nightmare than Christmas time around Rockefeller Center. In a recent poll, about 85% of New Yorkers said they would leave town for 2 weeks if we win the bid. IT would cause way too much congestion and would ultimately be a horror show. I would, however, go to all the gymnastics events.

HamiltonBrowningFan

I have to say Canada... I'd love to see how they top the US Olympic opening and closing ceremonies... not to mention that it's close to ME :lol: