Potential Sochi contenders: Ladies | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Potential Sochi contenders: Ladies

Vash01

Medalist
Risa looks like a mini version of Shizuka Arakawa. Does anybody got that feeling? The way she stroke and glide, as well as the deep knee bend before jumps take off looks exactly like Shizuka. I could be wrong but maybe bc she looks tall and langly for her age.

I watched her skate on YT, and the first thing that came to my mind was- she is like Shizuka. I like her potential.

Vash01

Medalist
There are many talented young ladies leading upto Sochi, but I am rooting for Mao to finally win that OGM. If not for the age rules, she might have won it in 2006, and she is a much better skater now. I hope she will stay healthy and the judges will respect her.

I do like many of the young Russian ladies, but they have not been tested at the highest level yet. We will know in a couple of years who survive.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I mean, I don't know, Mirai's not doing "cutesy" anymore in this years' programs, the tango and Spartacus...

I meant last season, but in any event, the tango still seemed sort of cutesy to me from the videos I saw. Like a sexy-cutesy, but the cutesy was still there for sure...

And I agree Risa is a lot like Arakawa. They have similar technique on their sal, toe, and axel jumps, and all the jumps in general cover a lot of distance. And their body types are similar with the long legs and broader hips compared to shoulders. The understated elegance is also something they share. I really like Risa and hope she goes far, what a gorgeous skater, just like her idol Shizuka!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Too early to predict. My guess is though that especially the Russian babies will have a huuuuge pressure, so I wouldn´t be too surprised if one of the Japanese ladies would win the gold.