Virtue and Moir Updates | Golden Skate

Virtue and Moir Updates

Johar

Medalist
My favorite couple. I even bought the book about them. <3

Last edited:
I bought it, too! I was thrilled to spot it in our local bookstore, which tends these days to have three skating titles a decade (and one of them is a technical book for actual skaters, explaining how to do the jumps). It's such a rich, complete book, with photos from their childhood all the way up as well as plenty of text. Even if you're not a Tessa/Scott fan (how could anyone not be?), it's a wonderful document of the skating life. The only other books I remember with this much substance are the book on Torvill and Dean after they won in Sarajevo and a splendid volume on John Curry from eons ago. I'm sure there are other such books, but they are generally not about American skaters (not enough potential readership, I guess) and thus never seem to be distributed in the U.S.

I'm so glad V/M have stayed in skating! I can't wait to see what they come up with this year.

Johar

Medalist
The photos are so rich. It had been in the store about a year so I finally took the plunge and bought it, with no regrets.