Russian Test Skates 2011
September 3 and 4 are the russian test skates in Moscow where some of the skaters showed their new programs.
Stulmanka put up some of the skates on his channel.
Also, some other skates can be found here.
The names are in Russian but you can just click on the blue видео next to each name. Then, you will see each skater's video.
Wicked Yankee Girl
Thank you! I'll certainly look at them, especially the pairs & ice dancers.
The Good Skates:
1. LIPNITSKAYA. Lipnitskaya. Lipnitskaya. That girl is an angel. She is not only amazing artistically, she can jump. Though, she didn't have any triple triple combos here, she did a great 2A-3T-2T and a 2A-3T. I think one or two of her jumps were a bit underrotated, but that did not ruin her performance. When you look at her skating in general, she reminds me of Sasha Cohen and Tara Lipinski.
2. Kavaguti Smirnov. They really surprised me since I was ready for a childish, unattractive short program to Rock/Blues But it wasn't so bad and I liked it. It was very mature and completely different from their lyrical slow programs. Didn't even know they were able to do that kind of stuff. Tchernyshev should do all their programs. He's a great choregrapher. All that they have left to do is skate well.
3. Iliushechkina Maisuradze. Brilliant as always and glad they kept their short program. It was very nice.
4. Gerboldt Enbert. They seemed to have changed their program from Money by ABBA to Gopher Mambo. And perhaps that was a good choice since I heard their ABBA program was atrocious and even pure pornogrophy?? Anyways, there was nothing like that in this dance. It was perfect for them.
5. Riazanova Tkachenko. I rather liked it. The music was completely the same as Domnina Shabalin's at 2006 olympics. Riazanova is a very passionate skater and though they need quite a few things to work on before it's perfect, the program definitely has potential.
Wicked Yankee Girl
I definitely agree about R&T's SD. I think it suits them. I am not crazy about the way that her big poufy layered skirt looks & moves, but otherwise, very good.
OTOH, I didn't like Bobrova/Soloviev's program at all.
Seniors - circulat not touching step sequence, pattern dance is the rhumba
Riazanova/Tkachenko Short Dance
Bobrova / Soloviev Short Dance
Gorshkova/Butikov Short Dance
Juniors - straight line step; pattern dance is ChaCha Congalada
Valeriya Zenkova /Valeriy Sinitsyn Short Dance
Sinitsyna / Zhiganshin
I don't see I&K's program. Do you know whether they were there? I would think that with their top competition B&S and R&T here that they would have participated in this test skate..
Last edited by dorispulaski; 09-04-2011 at 02:31 AM.
They weren't. She got a cold or somesuch.
Originally Posted by dorispulaski
leave no stone unturned
Thank you for the vids!
Lipnitskaya grew up so much, and she is so good to watch, i think she will be the russian wonder baby no 3 this season in Juniors!
Thanks for the vids. What about the young team skating senior this year, Pushkash/ Guerreiro? Any video?
Yeah, Tarasova said she had a high temperature.
Originally Posted by let`s talk
They didn't come. Neither did they come to the closed test skates a few weeks ago. I guess they don't want to go all the way from the US to Russia.
Originally Posted by samba
DianaSelene, Lipnitskaia is doing a 3T+3T in her SP (as she did last season), so she does have a triple triple combination. I agree, she's wonderful.
My other favorite video was Sinitsina/Zhingashin's SD. Fun program! Even with the fall, they showed good form. I think they'll be tough to beat this year in juniors.
I liked the first part of R/T's dance a lot but not so much the second. But I love the way she uses her body!
Yeah, she does 3T-3T. I've never seen her do any more difficult triple combinations but she can do flips and lutzes so she might put them in a combo someday. However, even without the 3-3 in the long, the program is packed with difficulty.
Originally Posted by oleada
ITA. I loved Sinitsina /Zhiganshin, very nice program (and surprisingly I didn't like B/S program at all even though they have the same coaches and choreographers). I would like to see Monko/Khaliavin, no idea why they didn't skate.
Originally Posted by oleada
R/T's samba is a bit weird, but rhumba part was really good. And I didn't like Katia's dress, especially the skirt.
She tried 3F-3T last year at some events
Originally Posted by DianaSelene
underrotated with step out, but I think she can try it again
Go to mihsersh's channel for the rest of the skates that happened today.
You will find lots of new interesting skates including Leonova, Makarova, Lipnitskaya, I/M, B/S, R/T, B/L, and Sinitsina Zhiganshin.
Riazanova/Tkachenko's free dance is so promising. I liked Bob/Soloviev too but her posture seems to be getting worse rather than improving
Also loved Iliush-Maisuradze's new long program:
I just wish they had gotten a new short as well. As much as I enjoyed Figaro, I never like to see skaters use a program for two years (unless at the start of their career).
Martiusheva/Rogonov are heartbreaking, she's made no progress with her jumps and can't even land throws anymore. But it's a lovely program:
Constable , Costume Police
Just let me say ( again ) how fond I am of R/T..I think this set of programs will be better for them than last year's. I loved their SD last year and this year's looks promising, but I agree that the samba portion needs some work - it's kind of awkward right now..and her costume is not latin looking ( I'm hoping for a change ). But this FD is so much more suitable for them, I'm hoping it brings them greater success.
B/S's SD is just...off.Disappointing.
I love "A Chorus Line" for I/M. My sister says they have "brio" and I think that's a good descriptor for them. I'm glad they kept their SP. I love it and I don't think it was seen too often last year.
I also like K/S's SP.Nice change-up for them.