Joelle Forte | Golden Skate

Joelle Forte

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love watching her skate (saw her in person for the first time at 2009 US Nationals). We've seen her at the Liberty Summer Competition two years in a row now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did she recently get assigned to Skate America?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes. Here are the Skater America ladies:

Laura LEPISTÖ
Elene GEDEVANISHVILI
Carolina KOSTNER
Valentina MARCHEI
Haruka IMAI
Joshi HELGESSON
Alissa CZISNY
Joelle FORTE
Caroline ZHANG

JDLutz

Rinkside
She was one of the highlights in Greensboro for me :) I became an instant fan. Cant wait to see her at SA!!!

By the way, isn't Ksenia Makarova also at SA?

OT, but it looks like USFS is trying its best to protect Alissa's chances at Skate America.

Nothig is certain with Kostner and Lepisto in the mix, but still...

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Laura LEPISTÖ (FIN) was replaced at Skate America by Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE), Joshi's older sister, today on the ISU site.

Joelle Forte will compete at Nebelhorn Trophy next week (her second Senior B international assignment for the USA after her 4th placre finish at Gardena Spring Trophy in Italy this past April).

christinaskater

Medalist
I think she has so much potential. Great technique on the jumps. She needs to work on her artistry more- connect with the audience and really be the character that she portrays. A little more ballet class, better costumes, make up, spins- also need some work as well as the transitions! She is a late bloomer but she has so much potential.

MasterB

Final Flight
When I saw the line up my jaw dropped. I am so happy for her. I have known her since she was just a tiny little girl. So glad that she has hung in there. She has endured many injuries, quit at one point, went to college and then came back. Just goes to show you that there is no reason for these young ladies to quit so young. I hope Caroline Zhang takes a page from this young woman's book and continues her steady growth.

And yes, she resembles the kween. Always has.