Shen and Zhao on Chinese TV Dancing competition | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Shen and Zhao on Chinese TV Dancing competition

jatale

On the Ice
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think China always goes their own way with doing shows that are "like" shows in the rest of the world. For example, the "Idol" franchise is copied all around the world, but China does their own thing. Same with the "DWTS" franchise, etc. Maybe Chinese TV is not able to allow "franchise" type shows because of political considerations? Of course, there are always cultural differences, but those type of adjustments are allowed for in "franchise" shows I think. On a related topic, are any western TV shows aired in China, either dubbed or with sub-titles?

hongligl

Final Flight
Many of the costumes in western shows would be considered indecent in China. A deep V neckline would be enough to make headline:)

LuCN

Rinkside
LOL apprantly most western people's thought about china is still in last century XD you need come to china and see what the real world is~~

sorry jatale,I don't quite understand your question.Do you mean voting from the public?well,we have it,but always in a little different way.you know,there are too many people in china,so this kind of show always have to many competitors at first,so they need to eliminate most of them quickly,in order to have a suitable amount of teams on TV.and then most of it depand on the voting,especially QF SF and the final.in this dance show sometimes judges and voting did in this way:judges give some of the team a "pass" (give 3 stars,each judge has 1 star),then they qualified.and other teams which didn't get pass have a "PK" with voting from public,who get more who qualified.most votes are from mobile phone messages,the show can get money from that,so they always want to have more votes.

sorry,it's hard for me to explain this in English,hope you can understand...