All Things Canadian Ice Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

All Things Canadian Ice Dance

samba

On the Ice
I would think that Keifer would have an easier time getting a release, considering that his international competitive career didn't include any major senior international medals.

I thought Hubbells won Bronze medal at Four Continents couple years ago? Am I wrong? USFS has invested a lot in the Hubbells, they won Gold medal at JGF, they went to Jr Worlds 2-3 times, they did Senior B in the last 1-2 years, GP's the last 2-3 years. Even they did not medal but they were invested a lot $$$ in the past many years. I don't think USFS will be too happy if he skates for Canada.

Dragonlady

Final Flight
I thought Hubbells won Bronze medal at Four Continents couple years ago? Am I wrong? USFS has invested a lot in the Hubbells, they won Gold medal at JGF, they went to Jr Worlds 2-3 times, they did Senior B in the last 1-2 years, GP's the last 2-3 years. Even they did not medal but they were invested a lot $$$ in the past many years. I don't think USFS will be too happy if he skates for Canada.

I think you're confusing them with Samuelson & Bates who won bronze at 4CC in 2009. Ralph & Hill won the 4CC bronze in 2010.

callalily

On the Ice
^
Actually the Hubbells did win 4CC bronze in 2010. Ralph/Hill were 6th.

Still true though that Vanessa has a better international and national record and would probably find it harder to be released.

Last edited:

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
FYI re Vanessa & Keiffer:

I saw it at FSU that "mgobluegirl" reported that Vanessa was listed as a new Resident Member in the latest Detroit SC newsletter...:think:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin: I just have a good feeling about this. I hope this works out for Vanessa.This much I know we can be sure of ( whether a partnership is in the offing or not ) Vanessa is in an excellent situation to benefit from some top-notch coaching.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That is very true. And she has, from all accounts, always been a hard worker--a great combination with good coaching.

Dragonlady

Final Flight
Vanessa will be an asset to any club she joins. She is a warm, kind girl with a positive attitude and as others have stated, an excellent work ethic. I hope the rumour is true and look forward to seeing them skate together, regardless of which country she skates for.

herios

Medalist
Thanks so much for this!! Just sublime!! There are no words to describe the beauty and talent that is Virtue/Moir. SO glad they are back.

It was simply FANTASTIC!!!!!!
Their rhumba step sequece was already very good technically 5 years ago, when they debuted in the senior worlds, there they just got hurt by the fact they skated first in 2007 Worlds and they were newbies.

Now, with so much more speed and maturity to express the "sizzle", it is textbook.

The rest of the program, the circular sbs sequence (never seen anything like this), can still be a little better, but the season just started.

meem

On the Ice
Thanks so much for posting V&M's FD (practice). I love practice sessions or warm-ups since the skaters seem more "real" to me (i.e., more athlete showing his/her skills than performer(s) w/ the distractions of the music and costumes).

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Soooo..we're on the eve of perhaps seeing something ( a photo, anything ) of P/I's SD ..or at least hopefully hearing a report.I'm still incredibly anxious to see them ( no , the tension hasn't dissipated ).:laugh:.

W/P are still under the radar, which is another major curiosity, now that we've seen V/M, the Shibs ,and the Russian test skates...I'm hoping for something really tasty from them.:biggrin:

And apparently, we can hope for a first pic or report of G/P on Sunday.. ( I wish there was something more on Vanessa..) Also ,tomorrow A.M we'll know how Bent and McKeen finish in Tallin'

We've fallen behind in our news ...Wing & Lowe . Twins born a week ago. One boy , one girl...just sayin '...:laugh:

herios

Medalist
We've fallen behind in our news ...Wing & Lowe . Twins born a week ago. One boy , one girl...just sayin '...:laugh:

Thanks Colleen for sharing the great news, I thought you kiddin, you never know with you:biggrin:

Keuna Auburn and Tayson Pierce Wing Lowe!

Congratulations Megan and Aaron:thumbsup:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm just glad to hear that K/G-S are healthy enough to lay down an SD as good as that! (and P/I too)
Both teams have had health/injury issues, AFAIR.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I didn't have time to really look at those scores until well after I posted the links... P/I had a fall deduction, which must have been some kind of shake up..
I'm glad they're on the ice. I'm dying to see how they've used that great music.

doris , I didn't know K/G-S had been having health problems.. hope both are now OK.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They were supposed to be at Lake Placid and weren't able to go.

Here's an interesting article about them from GS (of course)
http://www.goldenskate.com/2011/06/kriengkrairut-and-giulietti-schmitt-are-ready-for-the-spotlight/

They are as healthy as they ever are, but Lynn has had part of one lung missing since she was 16:

I was diagnosed with a rare congenital disease called a pulmonary sequestration,” Kriengkrairut explained. “I had surgery the next morning to have the artery and the lower lobe of my right lung removed. .. My intercostal muscles, the area where my chest tube was, and the area where my scar is were all still quite sensitive up until last year, but I’ve had no major problems since the surgery.”

skatingfan04

Final Flight
How did I not see this thread before? :) I'm a Canadian ice dance addict:laugh:, so I plan on being here a lot. I just want to say that I adored V/M's programs at Finlandia. The SD was just amazing, and the FD was so charming. I can't wait to see these at Skate Canada in a few weeks.

It's a shame that we haven't heard anything abour W/P, but not unexpected. They tend to stay out of the limelight until the GP season begins. They had such a breakthrough last season, and I'm already in love with their FD music, so I can't wait for SC so that we can all have a look at what they've come up with for this year.

As for P/I, they completely hooked me at Thornhill las summer. I've been dying to see their programs, in part because I have completely fallen in love with all of their music choices for the season. It doen't look like their Octoberfest SD went all that well, but I'm so happy to hear of them skating at all that I could care less about the result:laugh:. I know they've had some injury troubles, but I really hope they bring it next week at SA. Holding my breath!