French master 2011 | Golden Skate

French master 2011

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
FRENCH MASTER 2011

Note to administrator: Do feel free to move this file to an appropriate place. I couldn't quite decide where it belongs. Thank you. :)

Anyway, French Master 2011 took place from Oct. 6 to Oct. 8. You can find the result here: http://www.ffsg.org/evenements/documents/masters2011/html2011/index.htm

I was able to find Brian Joubert's SD video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUIcfuXyfFg&feature=related
I would appreciate that additional videos be posted here if you come across to them. ;)

Now, here is what I am interested. PECHALAT / BOURZAT scored higher than V/M at Finlandia, both SD and FD. :eek:

SD Score
Name Nation TSS =TES +PCS +SS TR PE CC IT Deduction
Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA 72.73 37.50 35.23 8.58 8.58 8.83 9.08 8.92 0.00

FD Score
Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT FRA 72.73 37.50 35.23 8.58 8.58 8.83 9.08 8.92 0.00

I am fully aware that scores at nationals are notoriously higher than international events, and Finlandia judges are notoriously tough on skaters. And I know quite well that comparing nationals and internationals are comparing apples and oranges, yada yada yada... Still, I am dying to see P/B's programs. I am specifically interested in what Krylova and Camerlengo have done to them.
You can see a bit of P/B's FD here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRsFMY2Ksbg

Again, I would really appreciate it if you could post P/B's programs, along with any news pertaining to French Master 2011.:)

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
This thread belongs in National Events, where I imagine it will be moved shortly :)

Brian Joubert looked to be in rough shape - seemed to me like a fitness issue. OTOH, he almost never starts the season well, so I'm not too concerned. I have to wonder what the judges were smoking considering Florent's PCS; French National events are not normally too overscored.

For additional information and videos:
1. The Youtube links you posted came from La Maison de Joubert's Youtube channel. Everything Joubert-related will end up there, and I do mean everything; they have a knack for getting new footage up there really fast, as well as finding older stuff.

2. Passion Patinage did quite a bit of reporting from the Masters, and there are some pictures too. It's in French, but you can get the gist by Google-translating.

FRENCH MASTER 2011

Note to administrator: Do feel free to move this file to an appropriate place. I couldn't quite decide where it belongs. Thank you. :)

Anyway, French Master 2011 took place from Oct. 6 to Oct. 8. You can find the result here: http://www.ffsg.org/evenements/documents/masters2011/html2011/index.htm

I was able to find Brian Joubert's SD video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUIcfuXyfFg&feature=related
I would appreciate that additional videos be posted here if you come across to them. ;)

Now, here is what I am interested. PECHALAT / BOURZAT scored higher than V/M at Finlandia, both SD and FD. :eek:

SD Scores

fD Scores

I am fully aware that scores at nationals are notoriously higher than international events, and Finlandia judges are notoriously tough on skaters. And I know quite well that comparing nationals and internationals are comparing apples and oranges, yada yada yada... Still, I am dying to see P/B's programs. I am specifically interested in what Krylova and Camerlengo have done to them.
You can see a bit of P/B's FD here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRsFMY2Ksbg

Again, I would really appreciate it if you could post P/B's programs, along with any news pertaining to French Master 2011.:)

Last edited:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Yes , please !!:)

I tried scouring YouTube , but to no avail. You can't tell anything much from the comparative scores.. other than what we already knew.. that P/B are among the very best couples in the world, and are not to be taken for granted.

And you can't tell much from that short opening sequence..Well I personally have a few misgivings as to their theme, etc. ,(may not be my cup of tea )...but that doesn't mean it can't be a very well constructed , difficult program and well skated.

I'm curious.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks for the info. I'm checking "Passion Patinage" right now. ;)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info. I'm checking "Passion Patinage" right now. ;)
It's a great resource for anyone interested in French skating.

I don't have any video of P/B's programs, but here's a picture of them from the SD. I like the costumes.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They look well in the SD costumes, but the costumes do not scream rhumba or Latin to me.

I do hope that videos will appear!

gmyers

Record Breaker
Joubert did not do very well at all. Third in tech after Amodio and Besseghier and PCS allowed him second. Amodio did great.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Where were Pernelle/Lloyd ? They did not do French Master?

No, Carron and Jones, who are now coached by Natalia Linichuk in the US, did not make it to France. IceNetwork just issued an article pertaining to French masters 2011 today.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Where were Pernelle/Lloyd ? They did not do French Master?
No, Carron and Jones, who are now coached by Natalia Linichuk in the US, did not make it to France. IceNetwork just issued an article pertaining to French masters 2011 today.
Apparently they did not make because Lloyd was injured - nothing too serious, from what I've read, but they couldn't compete.

Cara, you can follow P/B's FB page, if the SD shows up online they'll likely put it there themselves. If not, they'll be at Skate America next weekend, so you don't have to wait long until you can see it.

gmyers - neither skater did particularly well, actually, the main difference being that Amodio's mistakes didn't really impact the base value of his programs, while Joubert's did. But Amodio was sloppy and lucky to get such high PCS. I'm not sure he'll be as generously scored in international competition.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Yey I liked Joub, a fun program, and personality on ice!
Is there out his Lp and Florent's sp? (Didnt want his Lp, is it better than JO?)

P/B are becoming my favs:love:

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks CARA VERY MUCH!!! I will post my opinion on the ice dance discussion thread I am pulling up on the first page! (this thread I am sure will get moved down to the events section:)

You are welcome. ;)