U.S Ladies 2011-2012 Thread | Golden Skate

U.S Ladies 2011-2012 Thread

Jtsmith12

On the Ice
I just wanted to make this thread to discuss the US ladies through out the new season. I wish girls luck and I hope they have a very sucessful season. Samantha Cesario and Gracie Gold will be competing at the junior grand prix Estonia. I wish them both the best and I hope they achieve great results. :)

Layfan

Record Breaker
Anyone know how old they are and what their goals are for the next few years? The best part about both to me was that aside from being very promising technically, they both already have ice presence.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Anyone know how old they are and what their goals are for the next few years? The best part about both to me was that aside from being very promising technically, they both already have ice presence.

Gracie turned 16 in August and will be competing as a junior in the US this season, so I assume her goal is the junior title at nationals and making the junior world team (though she is age eligible for senior worlds).

Samantha turned 18 in August and has already graduated from high school and deferred admission to design school for one year to focus on her skating. She made her senior debut at nationals in 2010 but withdrew last year due to injury after winning regionals and sectionals. I assume her goal is to medal at nationals and make the 4CCs and world teams, though considering her age and that she's competing on the JGP I presume she's also interested in going to junior worlds should she miss out on making the senior world team.

christinaskater

Medalist
I guess Samantha wants to have International exposure first in the junior level through these events and move up to senior ISU and national events. She does have the "IT" factor. She looks so gorgeous and has some beautiful jumps (with great amplitude and trajectory). She really has beautiful presence on the ice.

I love it Alissa Czisny, Gracie Gold, Mirai Nagasu and Samantha Cesario! 4 amazing ladies. Courtney Hicks is also amazing but she got injured.

It's not just the Russian or Japanese team that has some of the most promising stars but the US squad as well is ready to take it down.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Is it me, or does it seem that those who get rejected early on seem to end up doing better in the long-run?

First Agnes. She doesn't get into Nationals in 2009 and then wins almost everything in 2010 (including regionals and sectionals). Silver Worlds medal. 2011 was not perfect, but she did get a Pewter medal at nationals at the senior level and won another World Juniors medal.

Gracie Gold seems to be going that path. She is out of Nationals last year (again, those darn Midwestern sectionals) then comes back with not one BUT TWO 3X3 combos (plus 2A-3T) and then goes and scores the second highest JGP SP score for 2011?

Contrast that with Caroline who was on the path of success at ages 14-16 only to decline since then.

I don't have any thoughts (yet) just wanted to put the discussion out there.

christinaskater

Medalist
I guess some of them like Caroline had to battle her growth spurt and never quite made it to the same level where she was before. She absolutely exquisite even with the mule kick.

Mirai handled the growth spurt better.

christinaskater

Medalist
I've loved skaters like Jennifer Kirk, Ann Patrice McDonough, Naomi Nari Nam, Beatrisa Liang, Caroline Zhang- so much potential for these girls.

christinaskater

Medalist
We also have Agnes Zwadzska and Christina Gao in the mix! So many amazing girls.
Rachael Flatt and Ashley Wagner.

I do hope we really have more consistent skaters who does the triple triples, brilliant presentation, superb presence and spins and all the requirements of COP exquisitely.

I see so much potential with Gracie, Courtney, Agnes and Christina.

With Christina- I want her to change her look. Have a more mature presentation and feel for the music. Attack those triple-triple jumps.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I liked Samantha's program to LaBoheme and her vamping, but that costume has to go. Half-nude top with sparkles? Um, just nooooooo!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The competition for Sochi is going to be insane. We assume Mirai, Agnes, Christina will be in the running but not so sure about Alissa,Rachael or Ashley. Then throw in youngsters like Yasmin,Vanessa and Courtney and now Gracie let's just hope the ladies have three spots for Sochi. There's too much talent to only have two skaters in the next Winter Olympics.

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
Gracie
Courtney
Mirai
Agnes
Christina
Don't forget Leah Keiser!! She turned 14 this September. She didn't send JGP this season but already has beautiful 3Lz-3T and 2A-3T.
From twitter, she got 50.88 for SP with 3Lz-3T at Southwest Pacific regional.Though she received < on second 3T ,e on 3F and lost some levels on spins, she has time to fix these issues.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vanessa is one of those tiny skaters who have those tiny jumps which are not a good thing looking ahead. Same with Yasmin Siraj who has small jumps. Watching Gracie Gold it's not to see an american lady skate with speed and power and big jumps with no under rotation. Seems like most of our Senior ladies can't land the jumps or rotate them.

Last edited: