Skate America: Predictions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skate America: Predictions

jChamp

Rinkside
Well, here goes my first prediction ever!! I followed GS religiously last season, so I figured i'd join in this time around :)

Men

1. Kozuka
2. Dornbush
3. Brezina

4. Mahbanoozadeh
5. Amodio
6. Murakami

Ladies

1. Czisny
2. Kostner
3. Gedevanishvili

4. Makarova
5. Imai
6. Zhang

Pairs

1. S/S
2. Z/Z
3. D/C

4. B/L
5. M-T/M

Dance

1. D/W
2. P/B
3. H/D

4. Z/G
5. P/I

I can't wait for the new season to begin and to see how off these predictions turn out to be!

fairly4

Medalist
here is my take
ladies
1)alissa
2) caroline kostner
3) carolina zhang-hoping she does well
4)elene gedenvanshili
5) haruka imai-
3-5 can switch

dance
1) davis and white
2)pechalat and bourzat
3) monko and khalavakin or hubbell and donohue

pairs
1) s/s
2)b/l
3) zhang/zhang
4)denny/coughlin, moore-towersmoscovitch

men
1) takahiko
2) richard dornbush
3) florent amodio
4) michael brezina
5) douglas razzano

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Lets see....three points for every correct prediction for Gold, Silver, And Bronze....that would be a maximum score of
36 points possible. Ties decided by whoever picks the most gold winners, then silver, then bronze. Everyone keep their own
score and we shall see who has bragging rights at the end of the day.....Mathman, feel free to come up with a better system...
for instance, if you picked Elene to come in third and she comes in second, you could get point for that.....

lcd

Match Penalty
In the icenetwork piece previewing Ricky Dornbush's Skate America plans, he discusses his new (changed) short program, but it will not include a Quad. His coach TGambill has been open about their strategy and the development of his Quad which has been helpful in terms of setting expectations. His strategy is to get the crowd involved with his style (story telling) and be clean. That sounds prudent given this will be his senior Grand Prix debut, and with Evan not competing, presents him with an opportunity to capitalize on his now de facto higher profile as the highest ranking American man.

Ituriel

On the Ice
My predictions

Men
1 Kozuka
2 Brezina
3 Amodio

Ladies
1 Alissa
2 Makarova
3 Kostner

Pairs
1 Aliona & Robin
2 Vera & Yuri
3 Kirsten & Dylan

Ice Dance
1 Meryl & Charlie
2 Nathalie & Fabian
3 Nelly & Alexander

;)

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Well, I'm usually terrible at this, but I'll give it a shot. :biggrin:

Men:
Kozuka
Brezina
Ten

Ladies:
Czisney
Makarova
Kostner

Pairs:
Savchenko/Szolskowy
Zhang/Zhang
Moore-Towers/Moscovitch

Dance:
Davis/White
Pechelat/Bourzat
Paul/Islam

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
For the ladies, I guess I'll go ahead and stick my foot in my mouth and make some predictions.

1. Carolina Kostner
2. Alissa Czisny
3. Haruka Imai

I really like Alissa and I'm proud of her for the strides she made last year and the challenge she has laid for herself this year. That said, I think she's going to build up as she goes along. I don't think she'll be clean enough for gold here. Even when Carolina sticks with easier jumps, she's still capable of beating most skaters if she stays semi clean. Being that I think Alissa will have a couple of mistakes, and the fact that Alissa's speed and height in her jumps as well as her skating skills are nowhere near that of Carolina, I'm going to say Carolina will win here, if only slightly.

Haruka has made a lot of improvements over the summer. Much better music and costume choices this season and she seems to have matured quite well. I think she has a good shot of getting bronze here, especially seeing as how Makarova is coming off of an injury. I think they'll go 4th and 5th.

As for the rest, I hope to see Caroline Zhang do well. Elene G. has the capability to be a powerhouse skater but her nerves tend to get the better of her. She's under Brian Orser now, so we'll have to see if that's done anything for her consistency.

As usual, I'm probably completely wrong:sheesh:. It's always hard to make predictions at the beginning of the season b/c you haven't seen programs or what shape everyone is in. But going by last year's results, those are my choices.:p

gmyers

Record Breaker
I think quads in the SP will be included by Brezina, Razzano, Amodio, Murakami. I assume LP all will except Contesti, Mahbanoozadeh and Ten.

icellist

On the Ice
For the ladies, I guess I'll go ahead and stick my foot in my mouth and make some predictions.

1. Carolina Kostner
2. Alissa Czisny
3. Haruka Imai

As usual, I'm probably completely wrong:sheesh:. It's always hard to make predictions at the beginning of the season b/c you haven't seen programs or what shape everyone is in. But going by last year's results, those are my choices.:p

I hope you're not wrong. We have the exact some ladies podium

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
here is my take

ladies
1)alissa
2) caroline kostner
3) carolina zhang-hoping she does well
4)elene gedenvanshili
5) haruka imai-
3-5 can switch

Caroline is in a tough spot. She has to medal for any hope of getting an invitation to another event. Then again, if she shows up in her old form, she could win.

dance
1) davis and white
2)pechalat and bourzat
3) monko and khalavakin or hubbell and donohue

pairs
1) s/s
2)b/l
3) zhang/zhang
4)denny/coughlin, moore-towersmoscovitch

Davis and White would need a major disaster to not win. Pairs is tougher to call.

men
1) takahiko
2) richard dornbush
3) florent amodio
4) michael brezina
5) douglas razzano
Florent and Richard have a good chance.

gmyers

Record Breaker
no matter what kind of pathetic drivel Davis and White vomit as a program like last years tango they get all 8's and 9's and even some 10's in PCS. So they have a huge lead already.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
no matter what kind of pathetic drivel Davis and White vomit as a program like last years tango they get all 8's and 9's and even some 10's in PCS. So they have a huge lead already.

Dude. Please tell me what you think of the program after they skate it.

burntBREAD

Medalist
That wasn't my point. I noticed in another thread that gmyers is a huge (HUGE) Shibs fan. It did not seem coincidental that (s)he spoke venomously of their main US rivals.

Is this sarcastic? I can't tell (it's so awkward when this happens)...

Because yes, gmyers lauds their technical ability, but have you seen his(hers) "smile tirades"? I'd say he respects them but is not as big a fan as you think.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Both of the programs last season of D/W and S/S weren't any good. S/S also has a bad program this season. It is just that their technical skill is guaranteed to gain points and their programs weren't and aren't being punished.