Skate America: Predictions | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Skate America: Predictions

KKonas

Medalist
The dance practice was very interesting. Ralph & Hill looked strong, Paul & Islam were slow and he had trouble with a lift, kept dropping her out of it - it was a low lift. The Germans were boring. Pechalat is a dummy - the dead wife of the pharaoh (Fabian) who tries to bring her back to life, but doesn't succeed. Lots of headstand type lifts. Hubbell & Donohue look good. Davis & White's waltz is fabulous. Light, fun, airy, very, very fast.

KKonas

Medalist
Mens practice - Kozuka popped all his jumps at least once. Said he had a massage yesterday and felt too loose. Razzano said even though he practiced a couple of quads, his coach Doug Ladret said not to do them in his programs, that he wanted Razzano to skate clean. Amodio looked strong as did Murakami. Pairs - Russians looked sloppy, Canadians looked good, Marley & Brubaker looked 100% better than they had at Glacier Falls this summer. Denney & Coughlin were okay but Savchenko and Szolkowy were clearly the top of the field Missed ladies.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Razzano said even though he practiced a couple of quads, his coach Doug Ladret said not to do them in his programs, that he wanted Razzano to skate clean

but his SP at 2011 US nationals was clean with a quad

guess his flip or lutz must have gotten better- because that is why he was doing quads in both SP's and LP's

so his SP must be 3A, 3t-3t or 3lz-3t and a 3 loop or 3lutz

Last edited:
Thanks for the reports, kkonas! Keep them coming!

P/B's program sounds beyond odd. Do you mean a mummy? I've heard of doll routines but dead-person routines... :eek:

OTOH it is Halloween season.

No Dornbush?

KKonas

Medalist
Thanks for the reports, kkonas! Keep them coming!

P/B's program sounds beyond odd. Do you mean a mummy? I've heard of doll routines but dead-person routines... :eek:

OTOH it is Halloween season.

Sorry, I am laughing hysterically at my typo. Yes, Pechalat is a mummy. They have a fun SD Bourzat does a backflip over her shoulder toward the end. He said he is suffering from bronchitis, poor guy. Hubbell & Donhue's SD program looks more polished then at Nebelhorn - very sexy. She admitted that officials often complained that when she skated even a polka with her brother, they thought it was too sexy. Davis & White have a strong SD as well. She wore orange, he in black.

No Dornbush?
Didn't get to see him practice yesterday as I was chatting with Amodio in the "mixed zone." Dornbush had a so-so practice today, missed Axel. Busy day - have to go - getting ready for competition.

icellist

On the Ice
woot! my pairs predictions was correct! i bet no one thought that KVDP and the lithuanians would medal. :laugh: