Plushenko's newest injury - a broken finger | Golden Skate

Plushenko's newest injury - a broken finger

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Is that his wife on the left? Maybe she broke his finger for him as he has his arm around the wrong blond....

seniorita

Record Breaker

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Well, you know in the dark, mistakes can happen...just ask Tiger Woods....I often wonder if P's second blond wife talked with the first blond wife?

seniorita

Record Breaker
She had but not has. She dyed her hair blonde and took "Plushenko" last name after she divorced her second husband.

She is divorced again? I remember she got married in the olympic season, had seen a pic with her husband and Plushy junior, how fast can you divorce?

lcd

Match Penalty
I for one never expect hair color to be a reliable indicator in certain instances ;)

Also ... which finger was it? :eek:

DianaSelene

Medalist
Plushenko broke his finger last weekend. He was working on the step sequence when he fell down on his finger.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When skaters start falling down and breaking things its time to retire i think. What's next a broken hip? :laugh:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
She is divorced again? I remember she got married in the olympic season, had seen a pic with her husband and Plushy junior, how fast can you divorce?
Divorce can be fast if kids are not involved, I digged up an old article from the Russian press. Here they say that her relationships with her second husband didn't go well, she took "Plushenko" last name and got a new passport. The article doesn't say that the divorce with the second husband is legally finalized. www.kp.ru/daily/24475/633489/ Her fresh pics with hair blonde can be seen on her page in the Russian social net vkontakte. I am not sure if the direct link to social nets can be posted on GS. If not, they will delete it, if yes- here: http://vkontakte.ru/m.ermak#/photos58244938 Btw, the boy is Egor, the son of Plushenko. :)

Last edited:

Vash01

Medalist
When skaters start falling down and breaking things its time to retire i think. What's next a broken hip? :laugh:

Anybody can fall while skating. Every skater falls during practice. Anyone can break a bone, skating or not. I don't see this as a laughing matter. Sorry.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I imagine that when you come from that kind of money, everything is easier.

Anybody can fall while skating. Every skater falls during practice. Anyone can break a bone, skating or not. I don't see this as a laughing matter. Sorry.
Yes, that comment was very not funny; health problems are not amusing. Hip injuries especially are no laughing matter and have ended more than one skater's career (not to mention the effects on one's everyday life after such an injury). Putting a LOL after such a comment is really inappropriate regardless of who the skater is. And it's also true that falls and injuries can happen to everyone. Broken fingers are hardly unusual. Who here hasn't broken bones at some point in their life?

Also, athletes push their bodies to the limit. This means many of them will deal with injuries throughout their careers, as Plushenko has. So long as they feel they can compete, they should do so. If every skater who dealt with injuries retired, there would be very few people left in the sport.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
So, he fell without doing a jump that badly?
Well, most non-skaters who break bones don't do it after falling on a jump, so I don't see why it's surprising. I assume his finger got caught at a bad angle when he fell; it can happen to anyone. We've certainly seen plenty of skaters fall while doing footwork - two notable examples from last season being Patrick Chan and Fabian Bourzat. Plushenko was just unlucky that his fall resulted in an injury.

And check out this list of bizarre injuries suffered by baseball players, and this gallery of strange sports injuries. A fall on footwork is nothing compared to tearing your meniscus while tying shoelaces! How is that even possible?