Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Practice Reports

News Practice Reports

Some quick hits and skater info started popping up on Twitter from Lynn, so thought I'd start a thread for it.

Reports so far from @LynnRutherford:

* 'Greetings from Ontario - In credentialing, RSzolkowy says he and ASavchenko may do throw 3A in free here, after testing it in practice.'
    * 'EGedevanishvili is in Hilton lobby -- boy, does she look fit.'
    * 'Change of plans for German pair already! Ingo Steuer now says his team may try the throw 3A in their short program here.'
    * 'DMurakami, here fresh off win at Nepela, confirms he plans a quad Salchow in both of his programs.'
    * 'Rough practice for Kozuka, jump wise, although FS steps and choreo looked great. . .'
    * 'Ten's Tango FS looks great, huge opening 3A & 3LZ, and steps especially a kind of wild jump-move look good. Did easy 4T outside of runthru'
    * 'Murakami also good Gladiator runthru with solid 4Sal and first 3A, skipped some jumps later.'
    * 'FAmodio says he will try 4S in FS here, and also perhaps in short.'
    * '2nd mens group struggled a bit w/ jumps. RDornbush trying 4T, rotated one; DRazzano hit two 4Ts; Brezina nice 3A in runthru, didn't see quad
    * 'Just talked to DRazzano in mixed -- on coach Ladret's orders, he is not doing quad in either program here, in order to skate clean.'
    * 'French practicing their free in costume, opening lift sure looks spectacular, as does combination lift.'
    * 'Lovely runthru to Die Fledermaus from D&W -- two fast rotational lifts and lots of atmospheric waltz moves. Light and entertaining!'

----
    Pretty sure there will be more to come. If anyone else has anymore info on the practice sessions, feel free to post!

Custom Title
    BUt don't these skaters think ever that if they accomplish a clean program if a planned quad or just their hardest jump would have also been clean? That the program wasn't clean because it didn't include a jump it was just because they were on and would have landed all jumps cleanly?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I read in the public part of FSU that D&W are using the Polka part of the Die Fledermaus Overture as well as the waltzes! Love polka. It comes with the name

http://www.yahoo.americangreetings.c...719&path=40819

And there is a photo up of their outfits, probably from the FD.

http://yfrog.com/klamyvaj

IN has an article about their new FD.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    <3 that dress!

It will be nice to see them do something light & fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I read in the public part of FSU that D&W are using the Polka part of the Die Fledermaus Overture as well as the waltzes! Love polka. It comes with the name
    POLKA!!!!!!! Almost as good as the now extinct Yankee Polka! :( (though I guess there's hope that it will somehow make it into the original dance?

Custom Title
    Lynn Rutherford's twitter page.

Was she refering to Meryl's when she talked about the "toilet paper dress"?

Never mind. I found what she was refering to: http://s017.radikal.ru/i430/1110/ad/2bc6e245b699.jpg

@SylviaUnseen has been posting some bits from Ladies practice session. No shows from Kostner, Imai, Forte at this session.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    POLKA!!!!!!! Almost as good as the now extinct Yankee Polka! :( (though I guess there's hope that it will somehow make it into the original dance?
    From your lips to the tech committee's ears! I'd love to see a Polka SD next year.

Meanwhile, Lynn Rutherford has confirmed that Zhiganshina & Gaszi's music deduction was for no discernible beat, not for incomprehensible story line or non uplifting program:

Lynn Rutherford
    German ice dancers got 2pt music deduction at Nepela, for not having a beat during a part of FD. Coach Skotnicky fixed that with synthesizer

Custom Title
    Caroline landed a triple - triple. That's a good sign.

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    OMG!!
    You guys are so awesome for posting all this.

Thank you very much!

Custom Title
    Impressed with Alissa and Caroline!
    In particular Caroline with a 3Lo-3Lo, and @SylviaUnseen said it looked clean (though triple loops as the second jump in a combo are often cheated, so it'll be difficult) -- Caroline used to struggle rotating a second 3T, let alone a 3Lo!

Lynn Rutherford said Ksenia Makarova didn't look great....

I'm guessing Carolina, Haruka, and Joelle are resting because ladies don't compete until Saturday.

Wow, Alissa Csizny doing 3Z-3T, and Caroline doing 3R-3R! What are the base value for these combos? I guess Caroline will save that combo for the FS, and keep the same jump elements as last year for the SP.

Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Wow, Alissa Csizny doing 3Z-3T, and Caroline doing 3R-3R! What are the base value for these combos? I guess Caroline will save that combo for the FS, and keep the same jump elements as last year for the SP.
    I believe a triple loop is 5.10 points. So a 3R-3R would be 10.20 if she gets full credit vs. 10.10 for a 3Z-3T.

When was the last time someone had a ratified Triple loop combo?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I believe a triple loop is 5.10 points. So a 3R-3R would be 10.20 if she gets full credit vs. 10.10 for a 3Z-3T.

When was the last time someone had a ratified Triple loop combo?
    Like a loop-loop? Or any jump- loop? If so, Adelina Sotnikova at Jr. Worlds. 3Lz-3Lo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast