Practice Reports | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

reynycpr

On the Ice
Some quick hits and skater info started popping up on Twitter from Lynn, so thought I'd start a thread for it.

Reports so far from @LynnRutherford:

* 'Greetings from Ontario - In credentialing, RSzolkowy says he and ASavchenko may do throw 3A in free here, after testing it in practice.'
* 'EGedevanishvili is in Hilton lobby -- boy, does she look fit.'
* 'Change of plans for German pair already! Ingo Steuer now says his team may try the throw 3A in their short program here.'
* 'DMurakami, here fresh off win at Nepela, confirms he plans a quad Salchow in both of his programs.'
* 'Rough practice for Kozuka, jump wise, although FS steps and choreo looked great. . .'
* 'Ten's Tango FS looks great, huge opening 3A & 3LZ, and steps especially a kind of wild jump-move look good. Did easy 4T outside of runthru'
* 'Murakami also good Gladiator runthru with solid 4Sal and first 3A, skipped some jumps later.'
* 'FAmodio says he will try 4S in FS here, and also perhaps in short.'
* '2nd mens group struggled a bit w/ jumps. RDornbush trying 4T, rotated one; DRazzano hit two 4Ts; Brezina nice 3A in runthru, didn't see quad
* 'Just talked to DRazzano in mixed -- on coach Ladret's orders, he is not doing quad in either program here, in order to skate clean.'
* 'French practicing their free in costume, opening lift sure looks spectacular, as does combination lift.'
* 'Lovely runthru to Die Fledermaus from D&W -- two fast rotational lifts and lots of atmospheric waltz moves. Light and entertaining!'

----
Pretty sure there will be more to come. If anyone else has anymore info on the practice sessions, feel free to post! :biggrin:

gmyers

Record Breaker
BUt don't these skaters think ever that if they accomplish a clean program if a planned quad or just their hardest jump would have also been clean? That the program wasn't clean because it didn't include a jump it was just because they were on and would have landed all jumps cleanly?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I read in the public part of FSU that D&W are using the Polka part of the Die Fledermaus Overture as well as the waltzes! Love polka. It comes with the name ;)

POLKA!!!!!!! :rock: Almost as good as the now extinct Yankee Polka! :( (though I guess there's hope that it will somehow make it into the original dance?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
POLKA!!!!!!! :rock: Almost as good as the now extinct Yankee Polka! :( (though I guess there's hope that it will somehow make it into the original dance?

From your lips to the tech committee's ears! I'd love to see a Polka SD next year.

Meanwhile, Lynn Rutherford has confirmed that Zhiganshina & Gaszi's music deduction was for no discernible beat, not for incomprehensible story line or non uplifting program:

Lynn Rutherford
German ice dancers got 2pt music deduction at Nepela, for not having a beat during a part of FD. Coach Skotnicky fixed that with synthesizer

burntBREAD

Medalist
Impressed with Alissa and Caroline! :thumbsup:
In particular Caroline with a 3Lo-3Lo, and @SylviaUnseen said it looked clean (though triple loops as the second jump in a combo are often cheated, so it'll be difficult) -- Caroline used to struggle rotating a second 3T, let alone a 3Lo!

Lynn Rutherford said Ksenia Makarova didn't look great....

I'm guessing Carolina, Haruka, and Joelle are resting because ladies don't compete until Saturday.

feraina

Record Breaker
Wow, Alissa Csizny doing 3Z-3T, and Caroline doing 3R-3R! What are the base value for these combos? I guess Caroline will save that combo for the FS, and keep the same jump elements as last year for the SP.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, Alissa Csizny doing 3Z-3T, and Caroline doing 3R-3R! What are the base value for these combos? I guess Caroline will save that combo for the FS, and keep the same jump elements as last year for the SP.

I believe a triple loop is 5.10 points. So a 3R-3R would be 10.20 if she gets full credit vs. 10.10 for a 3Z-3T.

When was the last time someone had a ratified Triple loop combo?

burntBREAD

Medalist
I believe a triple loop is 5.10 points. So a 3R-3R would be 10.20 if she gets full credit vs. 10.10 for a 3Z-3T.

When was the last time someone had a ratified Triple loop combo?

Like a loop-loop? Or any jump- loop? If so, Adelina Sotnikova at Jr. Worlds. 3Lz-3Lo.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Impressed with Alissa and Caroline! :thumbsup:
In particular Caroline with a 3Lo-3Lo, and @SylviaUnseen said it looked clean (though triple loops as the second jump in a combo are often cheated, so it'll be difficult) -- Caroline used to struggle rotating a second 3T, let alone a 3Lo!

Actually, the loop is probably Caroline's best jump. I still don't know about her completing a 3lp-3lp but if there were a jump she was going to attempt it with, I'd say go for your strongest one. :thumbsup: